PDA

View Full Version : i need info on disneyland paris

upadaisy
03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
hi everyone,
im heading to disneyland paris 2maro with hubby and my 2 children, we are staying in the santa fe, anyone stayed here, what was it like.. i read somewhere that there is a petrol station beside it, do they sell sweets soft drinks etc..... any one recommend good reasonable restaurant what is the best way to travel down from cdg airport..... oh ps i cant take a wee bottle with me what shall i do is there anywere i can buy one over there lol..........:clapping: :laughing:

Ms WG
03-03-2010, 06:54 PM
We went there a few years ago, its one of the more basic acccommodation sites but does the job.

Food is mega expensive in the park, so make sure you stock up at breakfast time.

Cant remember seeing a petrol station though

HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Space Mountain is not that bad once you get on it ................. just keep your eyes shut

Noodles
03-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I will be watching this thread as i am at the moment trying to organise a trip there in june so please let me know all about it when you come back. I have read that you can get a high speed train from cdg to disney land then get to your hotel from there i got the info from here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g226865-i2224-k810477-Train_From_CDG_To_Disney_Confused-Marne_la_Vallee_Ile_de_France.html

please let me know how you get on when you get back i am desperate for information :) :)

Hebs
03-03-2010, 07:25 PM
there is a train that runs direct from the airport

very expensive for food, we found the mcdonalds to be cheaper :laughing:

we have stayed at the cheyanne and the explorers, loved both :clapping:

GET A MAP when you arrive with a timetable for shows as we missed lods during our first visit :blush:

Ms WG
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Train stops inside the Disney Village and just a stones throw away from loads of eating places

I'd love to go back

upadaisy
03-03-2010, 09:23 PM
thanks girls, i will let you's know all about it when i get back....... trying to pack head is in a spin.....lol could hit that wee bottle now :jump for joy: :D xxx ps noodles im back sunday night so will let you know in and outs on monday night

Noodles
03-03-2010, 09:29 PM
thanks girls, i will let you's know all about it when i get back....... trying to pack head is in a spin.....lol could hit that wee bottle now :jump for joy: :D xxx ps noodles im back sunday night so will let you know in and outs on monday night

Thanks upadaisy and have a great time:) :)

Trouble
03-03-2010, 09:30 PM
we stayed there a while ago (years) and the maid left our door open after she cleaned to the room:angry: :angry: :angry: and yes everything was in there:blush:

it was very busy in the height of season, basic but ok oh lots of steps as i remember:idea:

MissTinkerbell
04-03-2010, 07:17 PM
We went April last year and stopped at Davy Crockets Ranch. Friends stayed at Santa Fe and were perfectly happy with it. There's a bus that you can get on to take you to the parks but my friend said that it was just as quick to walk there.

A good tip is to use your hotel pass which allows you to get into the park from 8am (normally opens at 10am) and certain rides are open and you can avoid the queues in the main part of the day - lots are open in Fantasyland. Fantasyland gets especially busy later on.

If you watch a parade - watch it from in front of Its A Small World Ride - great view and less crowded.

Try and put aside one day for meeting characters - the Disney Princesses get really busy, so be there early. Walt Disney Studios is best place for meeting Minnie, Donal and Daisy as its usually less crowded. the Playhouse Disney show here is great for the little ones.

The merchandise isn't particularly cheap - we paid about £25 for a 12" Minnie Mouse and £10 for some Mickey ears - although exchange rate wasn't particulary good at the time!

Food is expensive - I think we paid 22 euros for an all you can eat buffet (11 euros for the children) - these are probably the best value though - although it all depends on what the exchange rate is. When we went £1 bought you half a euro so effectively we paid double for everything. When my friend went £1 bought just under 1 euro so she got things a lot cheaper.

However saying all that it was a fantastic holiday (although as an adult its just a glorified theme park that doesn't have too many white knuckle rides) the kids had the most amazing time and it was worth it just for that.

Have a great time.