PDA

View Full Version : stuck, what do I link this to?

michellethegooner
03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
'A' is 25mths using aqua draw, drawing lines with pen * pushing noo noo (hoover from teletubbies) saying oh oh! when she does it, also what can I put for planning next steps I dont know where to link it as I have already done PSRN & CD from same day obs but a different activity,

really stuck dont want to keep repeating myself, but dont want to leave this activity out of learning journey as it was her 1st time using aqua draw here, she uses 1 at home

thanks in advance

miss mopple
03-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I would link to CLL, handwriting. Next steps would be more mark making using a variety of media

Blaze
03-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Aquadraw - CLL - Writing

16-26 months -Development matters - Examine the marks they and others make.

Look Listen & note - Marks young children make when given a crayon, a brush or other tools.

Effective practice - Discuss with young children what marks represent.

Next Steps - Give young children, who are keen to represent the same
experience repeatedly, a range of mark-making materials.

Noo noo - CLL - Language for thinking

16-26 months - Dev matters - Use action, sometimes with
limited talk, that is largely concerned with the ‘here and now’.

Look listen & Note - Situations where children use actions and some talk to
support and think about what they are doing.

Effectove practice - Use talk to describe what children are doing by providing a running commentary: “Oh, I can see what you are doing, you have
to put the milk in the cup first”.

Next Steps - Include things which excite young children’s curiosity, such as hats, bubbles, shells, story books, seeds and snails.

-Provide activities, such as cooking, where talk is used to anticipate or
initiate what children will be doing, for example, “We need some
eggs. Let’s see if we can find some in here”.

- Plan to encourage correct use of language by telling repetitive
stories, and playing games which involve repetition of words or phrases.

&

KUW - ICT - 16-26 months

Dev matters - Show interest in toys with buttons and flaps and simple mechanisms and begin to learn to operate them.

Look Listen & Note - The ways in which young children investigate how to push, pull, lift or press parts of toys and domestic equipment

Effective practice - Talk about the effect of children’s actions, as they
investigate what things can do

Next Steps - Incorporate technology resources that children
recognise into their play, such as a camera.
(All taken from EYFS Practice Guidanc) - Your LO is doing things in the Look Listen & Note Sections.
HTH:)

michellethegooner
03-03-2010, 04:47 PM
wow thank u more clever than me just feel like I keep covering the same areas with different activities if that makes sense :rolleyes:

Blaze
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm no more clever than the next person - all I did was copy it out of a book.:)