PDA

View Full Version : failed my pre icp english test :(

kerriann
02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
hi ive just been to my introduction to childminding practice-diagnostic test

it was a test we had to take before we can go onto the actual icp course
it was realy quite hard and i failed :( and im realy quite gutted most people in the group failed to they said that they would put me onto an english course before putting me onto the icp course, the thing is i know im not stupid and some of the mistakes i did to fail i knew i messed up when thinking back on the questions i had to answer , is there anyone els out there who failed the same test and how many times are u alloud to take the test as i am english so should realy know my english lol :blush: but its things like verbs and pro nouns and stuff i think i wasn't even taught at school lol, i realy want to do this as i would love to become a childminder :(

Pipsqueak
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM
I've not heard of having to do a skills test prior to the ICP.

I am sorry you have not passed the test.

Try this website to practise your skills

www.move-on.org.uk

mama2three
03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
usually diagnostics are done so they know what support you will need to do the course.I have to do them before i start my fd in sept. How long is the english course before the icp? It does seem a bit strange if so many failed. Do any other local places offer the icp?

mamasheshe
03-03-2010, 09:23 AM
we didn't have that here sorry i wouldn't of passed it either :blush: :panic:

katickles
03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
I have never heard of this test either sorry.

clio0602
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry only just registered and never had to do one. Sure you'll be fine next time as you know what to expect. Good luck x

karen m
03-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Sorry never had that when i registered

Fabby
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
i never had to that course..... glad i didn't! the test on the actually icp course was challenging enough, common sence questions but unsure weather you are answering them right and thats whats prob happened to you! It must be soething that your local authority do because i know that councils do all work differently, like with my council we had the icp followed by the first aid and followed by the safeguarding all classed as one course over a 12 week period. Have you gone through your local authority??? could you see if any other organisation does the course so you could do it through them maybe??

kerriann
29-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi thanks for replying. And well.. at the moment im on an English course it runs for 4 wks 2 hours a week. Im currently on my 4th week this week. And I have an exam this Wednesday. And if I pass I can go straight onto the next available icp course.( Fingers crossed!! )
I know why I failed my pre-icp test! its mainly about my grammer, vocabulary, and punctuation. But hopefully ive learnt all I need to know at the english courses to pass!

caz3007
29-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Good luck Kerriann. Hope you are finding the course helpful

pj27
19-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I've not heard of having to do a skills test prior to the ICP.

I am sorry you have not passed the test.

Try this website to practise your skills

www.move-on.org.uk

Thank you for this website www.move-on.org.uk. I was looking all over the net to find some practice tests for my childminding induction basic English & Maths. Thanks to this website, I cleared my tests with really good scores.