PDA

View Full Version : Rash

Pipsqueak
02-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Any ideas?

for the last few days James has had a red ring beneath his lower lip - like he had made it sore from running his tongue around (like in keeping licking his lips) and I just assumed it was that - put vaseline on etc. Couple days later - the upper lip but on one side up to the nose gets a red area - again similar - so put the vaseline on. Again I presumed he was just licking his lips. But on thinking about it and watching - he isn't doing it, so I thought perhaps it was the wind chapping the areas.

Tonight i have got home from uni and he has a rash on the top of his hands up round his wrists - tiny pinpricks - red but not raised. he says its stinging - which is what he said his lips were when the redness appeared.

he feels a bit warm but nothing major, has complained on and off about a sore throat for a couple of days but again nothing much.

any ideas - did think hand foot and mouth (feet are clear and its blisters i think from what my friend tells me)

Gizmo
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
My dd gets a rash like that on her hands when it is really cold when she was at nursery they kept sending her home I had to get a note from the doctor saying it was dry skin the doc gave her doublebase for it and that clears it up, hope its something simple like that your ds has

sarah707
02-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Have you tried an antihistamine tablet or some piriton before bed?

It sounds like a reaction to something... tomatoes bring that sort of rash up on ds.

Hth :D

Pipsqueak
02-03-2010, 07:50 PM
hmm never thought about a reaction:doh:

Minstrel
02-03-2010, 07:54 PM
My J also gets a similar rash and his is quite often a reaction to a virus.

Hope he's better soon x