PDA

View Full Version : please tell me this gets easier

mamasheshe
02-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I've had 3 "interviews" in the last seven days and i know i shouldn't complain about the amount of work their is in this area i know I'm lucky.But does it get easier the tidying your house making sure everything clean being on your best behavior. I'm just starting to think when I'm looking after these children i'm going to have to do this everyday (I'm a bit slow it's only just dawned on me):blush: :blush: how do you all do it ??????

sarak31
02-03-2010, 07:19 PM
You don't do it completely as you do for an 'interview' but you get into routines and habits - eg. I know my floor gets messy as we've got tiles and wood so I always hoover quickly if I need to before the school run and tidy around a bit - we also always have tidy time at 4.30 before tea so that when parents pick up it is looking nice and welcoming (and I'm not left with it on my own at the end of the day) - but my kitchen always looks a wreck from making tea and there are still school bags and toys (from the tidy time that never gets done properly :laughing: ) everywhere.

You get more relaxed and the parents don't expect to see a showhome every day - they don't live like that do they (I hope, otherwise goodness knows what they think of me!)

skytvaddict
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I was thinking the same mamasheshe.

and I like Sarak31s reply as that was what I was hoping for! :)

singlewiththree
02-03-2010, 09:04 PM
That is what is the most annoying bit for me. I need to disinfect the floors every day as I have a crawling baby, I now just spray the floor and use a microfiber cloth on a stick to clean the floor.