PDA

View Full Version : Had an enquiry yay!

king
01-03-2010, 09:04 PM
A lady has enquired and is comming to visit me Wed morning. She is not happy with her present childminder and wants a place immediatly. I got my CRB on sat but im still waiting for my husbands. I rang CRB and they said he's should be through in a few days but they cant garentee. They wouldnt tell me which police station had it.
Im nervous, I have done one visit and they have booked a place with me for Sep but I found it difficult to explain what I was going to do when im not actually a practicing childminder.
What information do you all give to people on their initial visit?
Another question- Do you provide baby food?

Annie_T
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
i provide my portfolio's - i have one with policies, permission slip sample etc in
1 with all my certificates in and ref's from people.
also my ofsted report (which obv you wont have yet as you only just starting out)
also put soem toys out suitable for prospect child.

i then see if they have any questions & i ask what i need - days, times, needs of child (may want write it down so you dont forget it all)

i show them area's i use.

it may be easier if you find out about gruops you could attend near you - mother & toddler etc (can still go as a cm - i do one down road from me)
also look at lakes, parks, libary outings.
it does not have be same week in wek out.

i always let child settle in and get know them before i plan things properly.

i do not provide baby food i ask parents to provide this as its easier as they know what they like - i provide fruit & milk free only.
i have brought soem things for baby i mind - rusks, bottle, cup few jars of food etc to keep at mine just incase parent forget soemthing.

dont know if that helps

king
01-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Thank you very much. Thats a great help, I have jotted down what you said and I will make sure I have everything ready.
Thanks again!

francinejayne
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Ah good luck hun, let me know how you get on when I see you. I've got a visit Fri morn and I'm sooooooo nervous too - you can give me your top tips!!