PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes

Pudding Girl
01-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Need some inspiration for either snack time potato based things I can buy/make/cook or potato recipes the children can take part in (3yo and under)

to tie in with our planting potatoes thing :)

I thought of tattie scones to buy or make and potato waffles (with cheese melted on poss?) for snack

Merry-Minder
01-03-2010, 09:11 PM
How about cutting shapes into spuds to use for printing?? - sorry thats my one and only idea lol

Annie_T
01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
go buy a few various loose potatoes - new, kentish, red, sweet etc etc

cook them and get the children to taste them. you could also have a few other food items to mix with them- fresh veg, sauces

hope that helps x

BlondeMoment
23-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Potato cakes!

Boil some potatoes until soft and allow to cool until the children can handle them.

Get the kids to add some butter and help mash the potatoes, then all get your hands in and make little balls with them and flatten down. Put them onto a baking tray (greased) then bake them at high temp for half an hour :jump for joy:

Tribe_mummy
23-08-2010, 01:17 PM
HOw about fritters?? Par boil the potaoes and let the children grate them with a child friendly grater, mix in other things such as tuna and sweetcorn, bind with an egg, Shape into small burger shapes and cook in the oven on a flat tray, Simple and delicious :) x

funfunfun
23-08-2010, 03:42 PM
HOw about fritters?? Par boil the potaoes and let the children grate them with a child friendly grater, mix in other things such as tuna and sweetcorn, bind with an egg, Shape into small burger shapes and cook in the oven on a flat tray, Simple and delicious :) x

Yummy !!!!

Tribe_mummy
23-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Yummy !!!!

Oh they are...one of my slimming world recipies. you can also make it as one big cake, kind of like potato quiche :)

BlondeMoment
26-08-2010, 04:06 PM

:idea: You've just given me an idea for tea!!!! Sounds lovely!!!