PDA

View Full Version : Help, advice needed, New business selling from home

Star
01-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi, I am thinking of setting up another business alongside childminding. I have thought of the Body Shop at home. There are also toy companies. I am confused as there are so many and don't know which would be a good idea. Does anyone have experience of doing this or have views to offer. I would love to hear your views and comments.

Star

Annie_T
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
i have also thought about this hun

i did ann summers years go and loved it (wasnt minding then- only worked full time in shop lol, my then partner wasnt working and didnt seem to want to so i made him have kids while i went out working to earn)

i think toys would be good due to present job but then prob end up buying stuff for own use lol
but there is ebay etc you can sell on.

as for body shop etc i no clue how good it is x

TheBTeam
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I started doing usborne books, but it didnt work very well, simply because I am not confident in doing the selling!:rolleyes: :panic: I didnt have the confidence to set up a party and run it, so not really a good choice for me, but i did well using the starter pack for presents, and got some lovely books from the one party i did have that their rep came along to help with!:laughing:

Star
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Hi Thank you for your relpies. Yes I am worried I am too quiet or shy to do it. A local lady sells usbourne but only now and then, she does not do parties all year round, just key times like xmas. Yes I am also worried I would buy for childminding, but my idea is to give up childminding eventually. From September I am only doing over 5's. Thank you for your thoughts though.

Star