PDA

View Full Version : To-do list for registration process

Kimmy050983
01-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi , I hope this is ok for me to post!

I am in the process of getting a registered childminder and have found this forum to be an absolute godsend! The only thing which I just cant find is an exact list of what has to be done before registering and which paperwork you have to have in place.
Of course all the information is on this forum but I am talking about ONE Thread to post everything you need! This would probably help other people, too!

Maybe we could all work on this one together - and I would copy all information in the first post of this thread :)
I could also post some relevant links under each requirement!

this is to be intended for people who are already attending the ICC/ICP course.

Please help me write the list! Thank you!

What do you have to do before registration ?

- Write up risk assessments (indoor/outdoor/outings)

- Write up policies / procedures

- Make a parent welcome pack

- Make house safe

- make a portfolio

- set fees

- set out routines / meals planner /

for the registration insprection:

- fill out : "preparing for your registration visit" booklet

What do have to have to do when you are childminding ?

- children´s learning journey

- observation / assessments / planning

- daily diary

- accounts

Please add whatever I forgot!

Thank you!

Kimmy

sarah707
01-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Is this thread any use? :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2442&highlight=registration+process

Kimmy050983
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
WAAAAH! That´s perfect thanks very much!!! I just couldnt find it in the mass of information :)

Thanks
Kimmy

sarah707
01-03-2010, 05:44 PM
It's always worth asking if you can't find something.

There's usually someone around who knows or who can find out.

I hope you are enjoying the forum :D

mama2three
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
just to add kimmy , although all those things are certainly useful , and needed once you start to childmind - they are not necessary for your prereg inspection. i would say maybe an example of your risk assessments , one or two policies to show you have the idea , and to have prepared using the inspection booklet is usually enough at this point - then you have several weeks whilst everything else is going through to do the rest!

Kimmy050983
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi Mama23
Thank you!

Does that mean I don´t need to have everything ready for the pre-reg visit?
I have all policies done, am in the process of filling out that booklet. Still need to do risk assessments although main areas are childsafe anyway due to my 15 months old son ;)
It´s all a lot to take in and that despite the fact that i worked as a childminder for 4 years in germany :)

I think they will want to have a CRB check from Germany too.. I still have got a CRB from October 2008 (worked in a nursery) , will i still need a new one? There were no CRB forms with my registration pack? I live near Chester (cheshire)

Kimmy

tar-tj
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
hi there. all does look very complicated? just wondering i have 2 cats and 2 1 year old puppies does tht make a difference 2 wether i cn start childminding avin animals? plz help?x tar

sarah707
01-03-2010, 09:27 PM
hi there. all does look very complicated? just wondering i have 2 cats and 2 1 year old puppies does tht make a difference 2 wether i cn start childminding avin animals? plz help?x tar

It's not about having cats... it's about making sure the cats are safe and healthy and not fed in the kitchen etc.

Hth :D

Mandi75
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi
Im a little worried about doing a welcome pack, what would put in this?

Could anyone help me, im sending off my application on monday and im so nervous im not going to get everything ready:panic:

Thankyou in advance

Mandi x

Minstrel
07-03-2010, 08:14 AM
You don't need to have this done for your pre reg inspection hun.

It's just a nice something to have when you start seeing parents.

I basically made a list of all the things i would want parents to know before they started with me-

a sheet introducing me and my family, my background, qualifications etc etc
my certificates (copy of reg cert, first aid and crb's)
important policies and procedures,
menu sample
activities indoors and outdoors we might do
fees list
my ofsted report
and a couple of other bits to brighten it up!

For your pre reg you just need to have answered the q's in the preparin for you pre reg inspection booklet, risk assess your house and show her a list of all the things your know you need to do before you start, and lastly get together all yours and husbands / children over 16's ID etc that she will need to check to countersign your CRB application.

hope this helps x

Mandi75
07-03-2010, 10:58 AM
HI

That has helped me loads, thankyou so much!

Mandi x

Minstrel
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
you're welcome :D