PDA

View Full Version : scottish minders help

hev
01-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi im in scotland. Do we need to do obs and planning? I do monthly themes and have a photo album, not sure what else is required?
please help Hev xx

little chickee
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
No we dont have any of the Obs and planning as a legal reqirement just what you need or like to do for the smooth running of your business.

I personally do very little planning as i prefer to take each day as it comes and go with the flow but i do daily diarys and take photos etc.

Curly Quavers
07-03-2010, 10:56 AM
No is the answer from me - However I believe the focus this year from inspection point of view is identifying children's needs and resourcing materials to meet the needs and of course providing evidence to back your self up.

I am sure I read something about it in the last SCMA mag or the Care Commission news lately and I think it said something about observations all linking the above together.

sarah707
07-03-2010, 12:13 PM
No is the answer from me - However I believe the focus this year from inspection point of view is identifying children's needs and resourcing materials to meet the needs and of course providing evidence to back your self up.

I am sure I read something about it in the last SCMA mag or the Care Commission news lately and I think it said something about observations all linking the above together.

Is that anywhere in literature I can access please Curly?

I am trying to keep my Scottish Childminders e-book updated with the latest inspection focus information and I can't find anything yet.

As far as doing observations, you are doing them all the time anyway and to show you are working closely with parents (2009 inspection focus) you are sharing them with parents...

It is simply a matter, should you choose, of writing them down to show how the child is progressing and getting involved in your activities etc.

hth :D

claireLouise
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM
Just been on an SCMA training course just on this subject of Observations and planning, look out for your local newsletter through the post. Well worth attending. I do very little documented planing and observations and the care Commission are impressed if you have something in place, so I plan to have something up and in place before the start of the next inspection.

Kind Regards

kiantel1
31-03-2010, 06:28 PM
i was also unsure about what we have to observe plan and record any help where to get ideas from would be appreciated. thanks