PDA

View Full Version : Environmental health?

snufflepuff
28-02-2010, 10:45 PM
If we are going to be providing meals and snacks for the children, do we have to get in touch with environmental health and register as a food business? We weren't told we had to when i did my ICP but ive seen it mentioned on here so now im worried!

mama2three
01-03-2010, 12:23 AM
different areas dho's are saying different things - certainly in this area we are required to register but have been told we should not be inspected. others have had inspections , some have just had questionnaires to fill in. Have you got the childminders safer food pack? Everything you need to be doing is in there.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
i registered and then my CDO said in this area youdont have to!! Check with your CDO they should know.

mummyjo
03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
In my area we had to register and I had an inspection aswell. They were very thorough but she didn't try to catch me out, rather offer advice as to how I could improve things.

babs
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
i registered with local council just filled out a form sent it back , they didnt come out to inspect so dont think they will now but if they want to they can ...

balloon
03-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Phone environmental health and ask them what you should do, that way you have it from the horse's mouth. :)

I registered 19 months ago and only had to send in a form but then they turned up unannounced on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago for an inspection!!

~Chelle~
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I was told on my ofsted inspection that I needed to contact environmental health about registering my business with them.

There is something on the environmental health website specifically for childminders x