PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what dh is?!

Jelly Baby
28-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Ok when i started childminding i asked Ofsted about dh becoming my assistant, he had to be CRB checked and first aid trained which he is..i then had added on my certificate that an 'assistant' can be left with a child for short periods of time so long as agreed with parents. Letters were sent out and signed and he has in the past helped me out for the odd half hour here and there doing school runs etc (only in emergencys)
Now looking at my certificate which was done last April after my Ofsted check it says the above about the assistant and i am now reading some of the threads wondering if it is for dh or just 'an assistant' in the future if i take one on? Is it on everyones certificates or not?

My parent who lost her job is going for an interview tommorow said she may need to drop her dd off with me at 8am if she got the job which would mean dh having her for 1/2 hr while i do the school runs? I am doubting he can do this now and thinking there is more to it?
Help!
Thanks

jellytot
28-02-2010, 10:04 PM
as your certificate mentions an assistant then I would say he is. if he wasn't then it wouldn't be mentioned. Just make sure you still have written permission from parents to leave child with him, oh and it can only be a child on early yrs register.

Jelly Baby
28-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi thanks..i thought so but wanted to check..i never really need him but is handy if there ever is a time (i needed him for 2 days after i had my foot operated on as couldn't drive) the parents are all fine with him of course and have all signed to say so and the kids too! I just wondered if it was common on everyones certificates.
Sure i asked a similar Q a while back and got told he couldn't do it..ill try find! this has reminded me as i took all my certs down to decorate and was sat actually reading it last night! (you know what its like get it, stick it in a frame and put on the wall and dont really read..or is that just me?!!)
Thanks

Pauline
28-02-2010, 10:39 PM
It is not on everyone's certificate, only if you have an assistant registered. So it will be him :)