PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Diploma please

twiggy
28-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm doing the Diploma in homebased childcare, although i'm really struggling. I need to find children's rights but the ones I have found on the direct.gov website don't seem to be the ones I have seen before. I thought it was things like children have the right to be safe etc.

I have looked in my EYFS books but can't find the section i'm thinking of, any suggestions please.:panic:

The Juggler
28-02-2010, 05:55 PM
I would look at the UN Convention, the Childcare Act and Children's Act, the welfare requirements in the EYFS perhaps and Every Child Matters.

if you download them as a document you'll then be able to search for the words you need in the document to take you to the right pages and see if there's a reference.

UN def. sets out children's rights to....

Pipsqueak
28-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Play England is another place to look (or Play Scotland/Wales/Ireland -depending where you are).

all the places Juggler has mentioned

RedDragon
28-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Have you bought or borrowed the book? It's virtually impossible in my opinion to work on the Diploma without it.

mertonparker
28-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Twiggy,

Have you looked at the unicef site they list the rights on there.

Good luck

mertonparker

twiggy
02-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you all for your help. I have got the book which is really good for giving me ideas as to what my assignments should contain. Just feeling a bit old to be studying and do sometimes wonder why i'm putting myself through all this stress.