PDA

View Full Version : gutted! But maybe for the best

king
25-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I was so excited yesterday as I was told my CRB had been completed and I should recieve it next week and I have a mindee lined up to start straight away. I was suppose to be minding my cousins little girl who is 9mths.

Today my cousin came to tell me that she is pregnant and due in sep. She hasnt returned to work yet form maternity and is going to enquire if she can take her holidays and then take her second lot of maternity.

In a way it may be for the best to try and find a new mindee who I dont know. But I do feel gutted as I planned to start in the next few weeks and now it may take a while to find someone else.

Spangles
25-02-2010, 08:08 PM
That's such a shame.

I can understand how you feel, you must have been so looking forward to starting and getting your teeth into childminding.

Hope you find another mindee quickly, it can be awkward providing a service for a relative or friend from what I've read on here!

Your cousin is definitely going to have her hands full!

little chickee
26-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Take heart - its disappointing to lose your first mindee before she even started but there will be more and i agree that minding for family and close friends can be difficult so chin up!!

sarah707
26-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I have minded for friends before now... not easy!

These things usually happen for a reason.

Good luck with the advertising :D

miffy
26-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Fingers crossed something else turns up soon

Miffy xx

king
26-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks everyone. Im not as down about it today. Im having her little girl next week as a favour while she goes into work to see if she is going back or not. Either way I just want her to tell me she no longer needs me because I think I will constantly be messed about. Then next week I can get out there and advertise.

SparklingGems
26-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I had a simular experience but I think it worked out for the best as my friend wanted me full time but then decided to ask her sister as she said she couldnt afford childcare and as it happens she now has cut her hours down and only works mon and fri so she would have took up a space and I would have had to get someone to only have tues,wed, thurs so I think it was a lucky escape. Im a true believer in everything happens for a reason. Goodluck

francinejayne
28-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Aw that's a shame for you :(
But yes, maybe it is for the best.
I'm sure that whatever happens you'll be turning them away at the door once people know you're minding, you know my opinion, I judge CMs using the thought 'would I leave A with them?' and I would definitely leave him in your loving care!!!
xxxx

francinejayne
28-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh, and well done on the CRB!!!

king
28-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Francine:)