PDA

View Full Version : OMG Im getting so confused

SparklingGems
25-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Title says it all really.:(

In a learning journey you put in a section about the child what they were like when they first started.

Then do you put pics child has done.
Brief obs with photos?
What else goes in here?

Where does the obs go that you evaluate and add next steps etc in the learning journey?

How do you file all your paperwork?

Im so confused where it all goes :eek: :eek:

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Dont worry im as confused as you i STILL havent got my head around it all.

green puppy
25-02-2010, 06:55 PM
I use a scrap book for the childs learning journey, first page has childs name, starting age and start date, title- " My learning journey " and a photo. Next page has a brief description of each learning area, then an " All about me sheet" including routines for babies, and a page for " my family ". In the learning journey I put pictures with captions, some link to an area of learning and have next steps ( short obs ), I put samples of art/mark making, photos of crafts, and pages that contain things that we do at toddler/music groups etc. I also leave a page for their holiday photos etc...... Basically you do what suits, others use ring binders, folders. I have a ring binder with risk assessments in and fire alarm details and a folder with activity plans. Every 3-4 months I write an assessment of how the child is getting on aswell, these also go in the learning journey. At the back I have a copy of the development matters grids so I can highlight stages as the child reaches them.

SJ35
03-03-2010, 02:22 PM
that makes everything so clear, i think i'll be spending a lot of time on this forum- thanks
Stace x x

doodles
03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Sarah's ebook is only £3.99 and it saved my life:thumbsup:
http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk/