PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

Cazz
25-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I've almost finished it - phew (and thanks to Sarah's e-book!) but I need to know - the very last evaluation where you have to grade yourself, is it just on the last section (as previously) or on the whole SEF?

I don't know what to put really - throughout the SEF the majority of my gradings have been satisfactory, due to the fact that I've only just started minding and don't feel I have the experience or knowledge yet, but in a couple of instances such as keeping children healthy, safeguarding etc I've put good (got to big myself up a bit!!).

So, should I put satisfactory as an overall? Does it actually have any influence on the grading from the inspector? Ideally I'd like an overall good so I don't want her to come here thinking I'm really useless at my childminding service.

Straws
25-02-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd put good on all to be honest the inspector can then go either way when grading you, Dont matter how long you been childminding I only had children for 8 weeks before I got my inspection and I got good in all areas, I hate the grading part of the SEF.

Straws xx

mama2three
05-03-2010, 04:49 PM
what did you decide to go with cazz , thats the stage im at too. tbh the last few questions have just said see part m or see part o as i got to the point where i was repeating myself. so the first half took forever but it sped up at the end. thank goodness! Couldnt have done it without sarah though and man does my back ache from sitting at the computer!

sarah707
05-03-2010, 08:13 PM
You are doing a good job therefore you are good!

Give yourself good and gather evidence to prove it!

Thank you for your lovely comments :D