PDA

View Full Version : New to Childminding

Littlem84
25-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Hello all! I am currently an office worker and absolutely hate it!! Being timed when popping off to the loo.. not what I want for the rest of my life! I live in a rented, 3rd floor flat in Kent & have read all previous threads in regards to contacting the landlord about permission. My mum is a childminder in Essex and has been one since I was 3 ( I am now 26 ) so I have always been around other peoples children.

I really want to start childminding but I dont know how to start!! Its all well and good saying contact the local authority but I'm new to Kent and havent a clue how to even do that! I really need some help of how to make the first step and what follows.. and how much it will cost in all and how long it takes. I tried getting advice from mum but she said it has all changed now from when she registered.

Any advice would be lovely!! Thank you!!! :blush:

Mrs Pootle
25-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi, I'm new to it all too but what I did initially was to look on the internet. I googled childminding in my local town and that gave me a link to the councils Early Years website. From there it was a case of making a phonecall and getting on the relevant courses. I have found my local Early Years team really helpful and the training in my area is free which is a bonus.
I'm almost at the end of the training and will hopefully be ready for inspection by Easter.
Good luck, and I'm sure you will get lots of advice on here, I only wish I'd found this forum sooner.

JemStar
25-02-2010, 12:43 PM
You need to contact Kent Children and Families Information Services, they will give you all the information and what courses you need to go on. Hope that helps!:)