PDA

View Full Version : My garden's such a mess!!

Maureen75
24-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I've got my pre-reg visit next Thursday and was hoping to have my garden sorted this weekend, but after working on jobs in both house and garden last week my hubby doesn't want to do any more for the next few weeks.
I know that OFSTED won't register my back garden as it is cos the steps are loose and half the side fence is missing. The concrete fence posts are broken in places, exposing rusty metal, and there's generally a lot of mess (not as bad as it was last week though!).
I've told him I won't be able to use the garden until they come out in another 6 or 7 months (which will be after the summer), and that will mean our own children won't really be able to go out either cos it wouldn't be fair on the minded children. I can't go a whole summer not using the garden but don't know what to do!
Hubby has been working so hard to get everything ready and I feel awful nagging at him to get it done. I feel like either giving up or putting the whole thing on hold. Not helped by the fact that I've been quite poorly this week.
Burst into tears yesterday when my neighbour (who's usually lovely) had a go at delivery driver for parking on their drive whilst unloading fencing. It's never been a problem before.
Just feel really fed up at the moment.
Sorry to go on so much.

funfunfun
24-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone,
I've got my pre-reg visit next Thursday and was hoping to have my garden sorted this weekend, but after working on jobs in both house and garden last week my hubby doesn't want to do any more for the next few weeks.
I know that OFSTED won't register my back garden as it is cos the steps are loose and half the side fence is missing. The concrete fence posts are broken in places, exposing rusty metal, and there's generally a lot of mess (not as bad as it was last week though!).
I've told him I won't be able to use the garden until they come out in another 6 or 7 months (which will be after the summer), and that will mean our own children won't really be able to go out either cos it wouldn't be fair on the minded children. I can't go a whole summer not using the garden but don't know what to do!
Hubby has been working so hard to get everything ready and I feel awful nagging at him to get it done. I feel like either giving up or putting the whole thing on hold. Not helped by the fact that I've been quite poorly this week.
Burst into tears yesterday when my neighbour (who's usually lovely) had a go at delivery driver for parking on their drive whilst unloading fencing. It's never been a problem before.
Just feel really fed up at the moment.
Sorry to go on so much.

Hya there

dont worry to much

You can alway get yourself sorted and dont have the garden registered to start off with .....Thats what im doing

Then when my garden work is finished i will send in the pics etc show them its safer and have it registered to use but for now im not even going to bother .Not safe ......You can always take mindees on walks /shops/school /park etc for physical exercise

Carpet Monkeys
24-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I would think if you say to the inspector this is our intentions, we have fence panels here to replace these, we will do this that and the other, they should be fine. As long as you know what needs to be done and it'll be done before you start minding which could be another 8+ weeks away you'll be able to get it registered.

Myself I know that I need to make my garden secure, told the inspector our intentions and said that I won't use the garden till it's secure, DH putting side gate up during Easter Holidays! Currently don't have any children to mind, but if I do get some I'll take them to the local park, feed the ducks, walks in the woods for outdoor play. Don't panic too much!

Jen 10
24-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Don't worry about it. I just wrote a list of things I planned to do in the house and garden which I hadn't managed to do yet. The inspector also told me what needed to be done and that was fine with her.
On my pre-reg inspection she hadn't even noticed I had stair gates up till she was practically out the door! Relax, you obviously know the safety issues and at this point that should be sufficient. Good luck! x

LittleStar's
24-02-2010, 09:55 PM
My garden fences had all fallen down between my garden and neighbours i explained to the inspector that wehad this booked to be fixed , she gave me an actio to do it within 2 or 3 weeks i think, I then wrote to ofsted to say i had done it and exactly what i had done and that was fine! when i had my first inspectio she just nipped out to double check it was done. x

Maureen75
25-02-2010, 09:01 AM
Thank you all for your replies.
It has put my mind at ease a bit. Will write a list for her to see and I'm going to get in touch with a local firm to see about getting the tree down before she comes, or at least have it booked to be done.
If I can get the steps made safe as well hopefully this will satisfy them.
Thanks again.

gigglinggoblin
25-02-2010, 09:49 AM
If she wont register it after seeing your to do list then you can apply for a variation after its done, you dont have to wait for them to come out. I registered without a garden and then emailed them with photos and an explanation and they oked it without coming to see it.