PDA

View Full Version : Do you think my fees are ok?

marzi
24-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I've finally sorted my fees out i think!

Can you please have a look and see what you think?

Local childminders are charging between £3 and £4 an hour.

Hourly: £3.50
Saturdays: £4.75
Sundays & bank hols: £7.00

My holidays: No fees
Child's holidays: 1/2 fees ( if less than 4 weeks notice then full fees)

Lunch: £1.50
Evening meal: £3.00 ( i don't want to provide this though unless i have to)

Early drop off and late collection unless arranged: £3.50 per 15 mins

Late payment of invoice: £5 per day

Do you think that sounds fair?

Minstrel
24-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Sounds fine to me.

One point though- if you only charge half for childs hols you might want to set a limit as to how many weeks they can take other wise if they have mums hol and dads hols plus the odd week of granny and auntie looking after them you could find yourself very out of pocket.

I personally charge full fees for child hols to prevent this and then i don't care how much hol they take!

Maybe mention something about sickness? yours and theirs?

louised
24-02-2010, 01:41 PM
very similar to mine, the only change I would make is to charge full fees for mindees holidays, most of us charge full if we don't charge for our hols

sandy64
24-02-2010, 01:42 PM
you can charge what you want it depends on your area and whats going rate there but from what youve said people are charging i think it seems fine if you dont want to do evening meals i would just say you dont do them.

Probey9
24-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I personally charge nothing if I am holiday or sick but full pay if the child is on holiday or sick. If you really don't want to provide evening meal then I wouldn't mention that unless they ask.

Your on the right lines, good luck.

Goatgirl
24-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi :),
That all sounds fine, though If you don't really want to provide an evening meal, I wouldn't! I include food and drink expenses in my hourly fee whether they want them or not and don't cook dinner as they all eat at home and it would make the end of the day far too hectic for me... actually if i really needed to do it, I'd probably get a slow cooker.. but i digress..!

Its really up to you and what you feel ok with: I personally charge for parents' holiday, occasional days off and sickness: full fee, as i'm available to work. Never had any complaints as I don't charge for mine they seem to find this fair. Well, apart from one family who didn't ever want to pay me the full amount or on time, lol.

Oh, I also don't actually want to work on bank hols so charge something ridiculous ( £12 an hour I think ) to put parents off :D

Love the late charge: start as you mean to go on :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy

marzi
24-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks. I think I'll change the holiday bit to full fees for theirs, I have a bit about sickness saying basically if i'm ill no fees if the child is then full fees. Thanks everyone. x

helencart
24-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Every thing looks fine.....but do agree with others, that I would personnally charge full fee for their holidays and their sickness.....they pay for the place reguardless of whether they use or not.::)

Chatterbox Childcare
24-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Sundays & bank hols: £7.00 Do you really want to work with 1 child for this fee on a bank holiday?
Child's holidays: 1/2 fees ( if less than 4 weeks notice then full fees) If you are having no fees on yours why are you giving away 1/2 fee on theirs?

Lunch: £1.50 What is the difference between the two meals - large cost?)

I wouldn't do food unless you want to.

tulip0803
24-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I also charge full rates if they are off but nothing if I am off. I have put into my policies times for meals too. So my evening meal is 6.30 so I would only be doing it for late finishers (have none normal finish time is 6). But I did have people asking me to do food but wanting meals at different times than I do them so I put it in writing.

Breakfast 0730-8.00
Lunch 12.00-12.30
Dinner 6.30-7.00

snacks at 10.00 & 3.30

Just to make sure that everyone knows where they stand

Cazz
24-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I also charge full rates if they are off but nothing if I am off. I have put into my policies times for meals too. So my evening meal is 6.30 so I would only be doing it for late finishers (have none normal finish time is 6). But I did have people asking me to do food but wanting meals at different times than I do them so I put it in writing.

Breakfast 0730-8.00
Lunch 12.00-12.30
Dinner 6.30-7.00

snacks at 10.00 & 3.30

Just to make sure that everyone knows where they stand

That's a good idea to put the times - I hadn't thought of that.

I especially like the later dinner time :D

marzi
24-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Good idea, I'll be putting meal times too!

TheBTeam
25-02-2010, 07:58 AM
I also do not want to be making evening meals, so i say that if a child needs to eat tea here, they must be staying after 5pm and the parents must provide something either to be eaten cold or that can be microwaved safely, and for after school children it is not allowed to be stored with them all day at school, unless it comes in a tin!

saintsue
25-02-2010, 09:11 AM
i charge full fee for 52 weeks a year and i have 4 weeks holidays in that
nobody has ever said anything about it
at the end of the day we need holiday pay to just like them
sue xxxx

Joannechildmind
25-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Thats about the same i charge but i charge full fees for parents holidays.

I had a parent 2 years ago who used to book 5 weeks holiday a yar you can imagine i wasnt happy not being paid much.

marzi
25-02-2010, 07:26 PM
i charge full fee for 52 weeks a year and i have 4 weeks holidays in that
nobody has ever said anything about it
at the end of the day we need holiday pay to just like them
sue xxxx

I thought about charging full fees for both lots of holidays as I really don't want to be without pay for 4 weeks of the year, I mean if I worked at Tesco or somewhere then I'd be paid for holidays! But I think I'd feel a bit guilty charging for holidays when I couldn't work lol.

babs
25-02-2010, 07:37 PM
srry to highjack but can i ask a question . i charge 3.75 hr but also do full day fee , half day fee and full week WHICH IS DISCOUNTED was wondering if i should just charge hourly rate .... dont charge extra for snacks and meals as included in price , dont do evening meal as we have our dinner after 6.30 and its too late for kiddies then but i do state time ie . 7.30 arrive to 8.15 breakfasts 12.00 12.30 lunch snacks 10.30 and 3.30 .

jackandjill
26-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone,

Sundays & bank hols: £7.00

Child's holidays: 1/2 fees ( if less than 4 weeks notice then full fees)

Lunch: £1.50

Always Full Fee Bank Hoildays and They Hoildays Full Fee. Your food prices are bit high. We do all meals for free as its a nice saleing point and if are prices are a bit higher then other minders we say but do you get free meals and days out.