PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh Car Insurance

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Right NCMA say we need Class 3 business use , other insurers say that is for business's who visit many areas ie salesmen. So they have said unless Im selling the children I only need Class 1, they have offered to send a letter stating Mindees are covered whilst travelling in our car. They said to get NCMA to send then a copy of how they want it worded and they will sort it. Now trying to get any sense from NCMA on this is proving difficult , sloping shoulders me thinks:rolleyes:
Juat thought I would see what all you lovely people make of this

Thanks June

TheBTeam
22-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I have class 2 and this covers both dh and myself, otherwise it would have been class 1 if it was just me, and this is the case with both of the insurance companies we are with, and the one we left in January, who i had emails all over the place with and a complaint going to ncma and motorminder about their insistance that other insurance companies were inadequate and we were not insured etc, all turned out to be marketing hype and false, and because of my complaint motorminder were forced to change their advert.

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 01:20 PM
I think it is awful. I asked NCMA for advise and all they did was told me to ring the Insurance line, so obviously they say I NEED their policy. Surely NCMA should be giving out facts if we ask for them ?

Daftbat
22-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I have always just had the class 1 or class2 - my hubby is covered to drive the children too.

I don't understand why NCMA are involved - are you trying to insure through them or are they stipulating it as part of their membership?

I remember speaking to them to get car insurance once and they wanted to charge me loads because they reckoned i was getting a better deal - replacement car seats etc and cover for up to 6 children with me. All a load of tosh since have adequate cover with my existing company - cheaper and even if i had to change the car seats could do it all cheaper for what they are charging extra per year!

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I have been gathering quotes and have been given conflicting advise so I thought (rather stupidly) that NCMA would be the best people to ask.

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been told that as long as we are carrying Mindees as part of our normal daily routine they WILL be covered on Class 1, BUT if for example you decide to take Mindee out for the day and CHARGE the Parent for this you are not covered .

sarah707
22-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Sorry I'm still chuckling to myself about the idea of selling the children :laughing:

Glad it's sorted! :D

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry I'm still chuckling to myself about the idea of selling the children :laughing:

Glad it's sorted! :D

So is Hubby Sarah he thinks it sounds good, :clapping: I think he is hoping he can have a car of his choice instead of what Childminding/ Fostering dictates:panic: No Chance
Good news His Insurance Company has offered to word letter stating Minded children WILL be covered in the car . They have been brill, he said get the wording from NCMA so we know it's right, but not sure if they would know lol:D

funfunfun
22-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been told that as long as we are carrying Mindees as part of our normal daily routine they WILL be covered on Class 1, BUT if for example you decide to take Mindee out for the day and CHARGE the Parent for this you are not covered .

So (forgive me) Normal insurence will cover transporting our mindees in the car as long as its not a trip/outing (paid)

Is that right forgive m only just passed my test !! :)

Tina O
22-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I have normal car insurance, my husbands policy, and they are willing to allow me to carry mindees in my car, no problem, no extra cost, just says on certificate that I can use the car in my business as 'childminder'.....

funfunfun
22-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I have normal car insurance, my husbands policy, and they are willing to allow me to carry mindees in my car, no problem, no extra cost, just says on certificate that I can use the car in my business as 'childminder'.....

Oh right ...........so i need to contact my insurer and find out if the charge extra ????

Tina O
22-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Oh right ...........so i need to contact my insurer and find out if the charge extra ????

Yes, all my hubby did was call them and tell them I wanted to change the policy and they did it no problem.......think we are with AXA..... and when I had my inspection all she did was look at the wording on the certificate.....

Cammie Doodle
22-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Yes I think it has all to do with the wording, so there is no "get out"in the event of an accident

funfunfun
22-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Yes I think it has all to do with the wording, so there is no "get out"in the event of an accident

well thankyou for that info .......helped me lots :)

monkey62
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I have always just had the class 1 or class2 - my hubby is covered to drive the children too.

I don't understand why NCMA are involved - are you trying to insure through them or are they stipulating it as part of their membership?

I remember speaking to them to get car insurance once and they wanted to charge me loads because they reckoned i was getting a better deal - replacement car seats etc and cover for up to 6 children with me. All a load of tosh since have adequate cover with my existing company - cheaper and even if i had to change the car seats could do it all cheaper for what they are charging extra per year!

Hello
How did you do to get your hubby cover to drive the children? Do you just put him on the insurance policy or do you have to employ him as a driver and add him to your policy cover?
Sorry it must be a silly question but I do try to do that and I'm not sure how to do?

Thank you