PDA

View Full Version : Snacks & meals

marzi
22-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering who charges separately for meals and snacks and who includes them in their hourly rate. I'm not sure which to do, I'm thinking that if i charge separately I would have to account for these fees separately is that right?

TheBTeam
22-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I do not charge additionally for meals and snacks, for the simple reason, that i have parents whose children sometimes dont turn up and i dont want the hassle of explaining to them why i would be charging still if their child wasnt here.

I include food within my hourly rate, that way it is paid for whether child is here or not, and i do not have to refund any money.

If you charge separately for food then put it in amount as your income along with fees and record the cost of food as an expense, so no different to recording any fee income.

marzi
22-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok thanks. I'll just add a little bit on to my fees instead of charging extra.

Tatjana
23-02-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree it could get fiddly with charging extra for meals as pp said.

I just charge my normal fees put food in my expenses.

xx

Spangles
23-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry I can't help as I have never provided meals, etc.

tashaleee
23-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I always give parents the option of providing food themselves or I can provide it - its included in my prices anyway -and I find it easier if I provide the food otherwise everyone always wants what everyone else has :rolleyes: