PDA

View Full Version : Planning help

snufflepuff
21-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Just wanted to run all this past you to check im going to be doing it right when my first mindee starts!
Ok- Ill do a baseline assessment and from this (and from info her parents have given me) will come up with some activity ideas according to her interests etc. So on my planning sheet ill write a starting point, (eg enjoys playing with dolls) and an activity idea (eg role play, getting dolls dressed, pretending to feed them etc). Once ive done the activity i can write about how it went and ideas for further activities (eg really enjoyed activity, had trouble with dressing dolls, will work on using buttons on her own clothes), and link it to EYFS.
Ill also do observations of some activities to go in her learning journal- and will state the EYFS link and next steps on this observation, along with evidence eg photo. (i will stick the weekly planning sheet in the learning journal too)
The following weeks planning will be done according to the comments/ next steps, so it will all flow and link together.
Does all this sound right??? im getting myself so confused!

funfunfun
22-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Sounds about right to me !!

francinejayne
25-02-2010, 10:00 PM
oooh you made it sound so simple. I'm just registered and have been doing observations on my son for practice, but so far planning has escaped me. Think I'm going to have a go based on your approach! :clapping:

babs
25-02-2010, 10:04 PM
wow i think u have just got my mind in place i was really stugglng with this area but u have worded it so it sounds so easy ... big thank you :clapping:

sarah707
25-02-2010, 10:14 PM
That sounds right to me too! :D

snufflepuff
28-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks ladies, and glad ive been of some help to you Babs and Francine!:)