PDA

View Full Version : Capital Funding

MAWI
21-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I have received a form from my local early years team to apply for capital funding. I was wondering what sorts of equioment most people have requested. There are three categories: ICT, Portable resources and Outdoor Play.
I have asked my CMDO about how much can I spend and all she said was be realistic and dont request anything too expensive. Now theres a conumdrum!!!
Do I request a £100 worth £1000 or £10,000 worth.

Totally clueless, any ideas or has anyone been granted theirs???
Many Thanks:)

Chimps Childminding
21-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi we could apply for a grant of a mimumum of £2,500 including VAT. We had to make a list of what we wanted and suppliers/contractors, then send it off to LA. It would appear that most who applied were granted £2,500. As I live next door to another minder we got together and she went for ICT equipment, while I went for outdoor toys/equipment; as we usually get together most days all the children benefit from both lots of equipment. Only downside was that we had 6 months in which we had to purchase the items and then claim the money back, they didn't just give us the money to go out and spend :angry: Don't know whether every LA works the same or not!!!

Have fun, its great spending someone elses money. I would say go for items that you would like but would have to think twice about if you were paying for them. One of my items was a climbing frame sort of thing (its called Step 2 Skyward Summit) which is like a big mountain with foot and hand holes, a den inside etc. I am sure the kids will love it but at £400 I would never have dreamed of buying it myself.

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I have received a form from my local early years team to apply for capital funding. I was wondering what sorts of equioment most people have requested. There are three categories: ICT, Portable resources and Outdoor Play.
I have asked my CMDO about how much can I spend and all she said was be realistic and dont request anything too expensive. Now theres a conumdrum!!!
Do I request a £100 worth £1000 or £10,000 worth.

Totally clueless, any ideas or has anyone been granted theirs???
Many Thanks:)

IM sure beccas has !!!!

she posted somthing about what she would use the money for etc etc pm her !!!