PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about co childminding????

clio0602
21-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi just wondered how it work working with another chiildminder.

My cousin and I have just registered seperately and I have had no enquiries and she has more than she can take. Need to move to another area I think!

We were wondering about working together on the days she had over her numbers but we are unsure how this would work. Would we need to re register with ofsted? I would stil like to mind form my house eventually so wouldn't want to deregister from that.

Thanks

linda2girls
21-02-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure but will be interested in the replies.

Linda.

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Im sure you could work as an assistant ........although im sure someone else can offer better advice .

I don know cms that have an assistant !!!

Zoomie
21-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Can't see why you couldn't be like a husband and wife childminding team :blush: .

Contact Ofsted and see what they say. There might be a space issue which limits numbers.

Are you too far away for your friend to pass on these enquiries :)

clio0602
21-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi I'll give ofsted a call tomorrow. She lives 10-15min drive away so its out of my immediate area, although I will pick up from mindees homes if requested, some of the enquiries want overnight along with some days which I don't offer.

Thanks for your replies

cuddlybunny38
22-02-2010, 09:36 AM
I work with my daughter, at my house. We each are allowed so many kids my daughter is 4 and mine is 6, but if we work at the same time we are only allowed 6 between us. it goes on the size of your house etc. hope that helps