PDA

View Full Version : World Book Day

Bex1
21-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello

I was wondering what everyone was doing for world book day? My mindees are all under 2 so I dont want parents to go to expense of dressing the kids up in fancy dress so was going to ask parents to let the kiddies bring their favourite book on the day they were attending my setting (the week of world book day) and we could read it with everyone, does that sound like a good idea?

What is everyone else doing?

Bex

sarak31
21-02-2010, 05:14 PM
That sounds like a brill idea - I haven't got any mindees around then so can't do anything!

You could ask the children to bring in their favourite book a few days before and then put a basic little story sack / treasure box together for each book to read with them on the day. They could make pictures of their favourite story - if you had it a few days before hand you might be able to find some colouring related to the story, eg of the same animals in the story etc, for them to colour in or stick stuff all over. And you could go to the library...

:)

CAZMCA
21-02-2010, 09:07 PM
its my dd's 2nd birthday the day after so we are having a themed birthday party on the very hungry caterpillar, i have made a story sack but i only have a 6mth old minded child and my 2 dd's then so thought i would invite my cm friend round with her children and have a tea party.

miffy
26-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Hello

I was wondering what everyone was doing for world book day? My mindees are all under 2 so I dont want parents to go to expense of dressing the kids up in fancy dress so was going to ask parents to let the kiddies bring their favourite book on the day they were attending my setting (the week of world book day) and we could read it with everyone, does that sound like a good idea?

What is everyone else doing?

Bex

I think that's a great idea.

There are lots of colouring sheets here

http://www.worldbookday.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=113

Miffy xx