PDA

View Full Version : numbers? confused...

lizmathmax
21-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi am still waiting for my certificate to come through.....however...am I right in thinking you can have 6 children under 8? 3 of these can be under 5? and 1 under 12 months?

Here is my dilemma......

I have 2 children of my own...one 17 months...one who will be 5

I then have 2 full timers both under 5.

However I am getting enquiries about before and after school care from mums with children aged 5!

How many more can i have aged 5??!

I am tying my brain in knots....
Please help!! :panic:
xx

ajs
21-02-2010, 02:14 PM
by the sounds of it 2 as your 5 yr old takes your 3 place

Zoomie
21-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi am still waiting for my certificate to come through.....however...am I right in thinking you can have 6 children under 8? 3 of these can be under 5? and 1 under 12 months?

Here is my dilemma......

I have 2 children of my own...one 17 months...one who will be 5

I then have 2 full timers both under 5.

However I am getting enquiries about before and after school care from mums with children aged 5!

How many more can i have aged 5??!

I am tying my brain in knots....
Please help!! :panic:
xx

You say your children are 17m and 'will be 5' (so essentially 4 still), so you will be allowed:

1 x under 5 years
3 x 5-8y

When you own child reaches 5, you will be allowed:
2 x under 5 years old
2 x 5-8y

At the end of the day, you will be allowed 4 children, but only 1 (till your's turns 5) and then only 2 may be under 5 years, but all 4 could be over 5.

this age also brings into the equation of rising 5's, so when I say under 5's I mean any child who is not attending full time school yet.

Sorry, not very good at explaining.

lizmathmax
21-02-2010, 04:53 PM
so do my own children count?

think i am over thinking this...... :panic: :blush:

jaja
21-02-2010, 04:58 PM
yes your children count, i have a 4 year old at full time school so in my numbers she is now in the next group of 5 - 8, which freed up my under 5 space, .....

So you can have 4 children and then your own on top,

0-5
your lo
One mindee
one mindee

5-8
your lo (4 going to be 5, are they in full time education yet? this is key)
one mindee
one mindee

Hope this helps, if not then phone ofsted and talk to them xx

lizmathmax
21-02-2010, 05:06 PM
thanks jen yes did help.....
xx :clapping:

jaja
21-02-2010, 05:06 PM
to explain, on my certificate it sates i can care for no more than 5 children, however on paper i have .......

mindee 1 who is 15 months
Mindee 2 who is 1 tomorrow
Mindee 3 who is 4, full time playschool but not rising 5!! until spetember

My dd who is 4 "rising " full time school who doesnt count within the 5.....
mindee 4 who is 4 "rising 5" full time school

My ds who is 8, and doesnt count in my numbers....

So in theory i have a space for a 5-8 year old or wait until septmeber and the adverise my free space under 5, however, certains days i have them all and other days i dont just before and afere school.... if you see what i mean....:laughing: :laughing:

So on paper i have 5 under 5 excpet on my certificate it starts that a 4 year old in full time education (school, not playschool) can be moved up in the next age bracket 5-8 because they are classed as rising fives....

i hope that i have made it easier to understand, i ended up ringing ofsted and getting them to go through the numbers, ages nad kids with me....

good luck xx

Chatterbox Childcare
21-02-2010, 05:43 PM
yes your children count, i have a 4 year old at full time school so in my numbers she is now in the next group of 5 - 8, which freed up my under 5 space, .....

So you can have 4 children and then your own on top,

0-5
your lo
One mindee
one mindee

5-8
your lo (4 going to be 5, are they in full time education yet? this is key)
one mindee
one mindee

Hope this helps, if not then phone ofsted and talk to them xx

I agree with this only if your certificate says about your 5 year old being at school