PDA

View Full Version : Start up grants

doodles
21-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows if there are any grants/funding available for childminders? I have been given an ncma package (free insurance and membership) but thats all there is available in my area.
Has anyone ever applied through business link before??

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows if there are any grants/funding available for childminders? I have been given an ncma package (free insurance and membership) but thats all there is available in my area.
Has anyone ever applied through business link before??

Where abouts are you from ??

Im in doncaster area they do funding £500 its through a company called succes doncaster......although you have to write a bussiness plan and there is no guarentee that you will get it anyway !!!

Good luck

doodles
21-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Im in Northumberland and apparantly the area has no money left in the pot so have been thinking about seeing if i could apply anywhere else.
I think business link do start up grants for small businesses?

doodles
21-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Bumping up to see if anyone can help please

linda2girls
21-02-2010, 08:40 PM
They may get more money in the new tax year for grants.

Linda.

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Im in Northumberland and apparantly the area has no money left in the pot so have been thinking about seeing if i could apply anywhere else.
I think business link do start up grants for small businesses?

Have you been on the ICP course yet .......ring early years if they have no funding available ....they should be able to give you info on who can provide you with funding bussiness link maybe able to help you also as you said .....they help out small bussiness's also princess trust......if your in an area that needs childcare and you would provide a service that is eitehr not available or in demand !!!!!

Hope this helps xx

Mia'smummyx
22-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Im in Havering we get nothing, not even the insurance or starter pack!! Any one knowing of any help please let me know to im stuggling to afford things now

doodles
22-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi
Been to business link today and i cant get anything :(
They only have the start up capital grant but you have to apply for at least £2000 and each item must be £250 or more.
Then you would need the 2k up front to spend and then claim the reciepts back and i dont have 2k!!!!
They said to try the prince's trust but when you look on the website they only help people up to age 25. Im 28. :mad:

doodles
22-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Im in Havering we get nothing, not even the insurance or starter pack!! Any one knowing of any help please let me know to im stuggling to afford things now

Oh thats not good! Im really lucky then getting the starter pack and insurance etc...
If i get any luck with the jobcentre on weds i will let you know. Apparanty they have grants available.