PDA

View Full Version : So fed up of this snow now!!!!

manjay
21-02-2010, 09:08 AM
We do live up high in the hills and so we are used to snow but it's really not funny anymore:panic: Even worse when my snow shoveller is working hundreds of miles away!!!

At least I am at home in the warm. My poor mum has been sat in a plane on the runway at Manchester airport for 2 hours. She has just texted to say they should be getting away soon but the plane jut needs to be de-iced:eek: . I won't be able to settle all day until I know she has arrived home safely.

Pipsqueak
21-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh poor you Manjay, I totally sympathise with you - I hate the snow at any time.

I am sure your mum will be fine, try not to worry too much

on the plus side - just think of all the coursework or study you could get done today!!!

manjay
21-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Oh poor you Manjay, I totally sympathise with you - I hate the snow at any time.

I am sure your mum will be fine, try not to worry too much

on the plus side - just think of all the coursework or study you could get done today!!!

Noooo!! I am just sat here convincing myself I am far too stressed to study:D but then I do have 4 assignments to work on so maybe I should do something!!!

Pipsqueak
21-02-2010, 09:25 AM
C'mon will do you a deal hunny - I have a mini-assignment to do today - you start one assignment and I will start mine and we will have a distance study day!
Meet you back on here or FB every couple of hours or so and chivvy each other along?????

Pipsqueak
21-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh blooming hell - its just literally started snowing:(

singlewiththree
21-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Just woke to a blanket of snow can't believe it :eek:

manjay
21-02-2010, 09:31 AM
C'mon will do you a deal hunny - I have a mini-assignment to do today - you start one assignment and I will start mine and we will have a distance study day!
Meet you back on here or FB every couple of hours or so and chivvy each other along?????

Ok it's a deal. I have started 2 of them. I am writing a report which I have not done before but I have done all my reading, found my evidence and sorted my examples so I just need to write it now. I am going to try to aim to have the rough draft done by the end of today:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
21-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Whats your report about?

I have got to do a summary report about the Victoria Climbe inquiry

manjay
21-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Positive Relationships! Split into three sections - practitioner/child, practitioner/parent and child/child. I have done more than I thought it is just that final step of actually writing it;)

The Juggler
21-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Good luck Pip and Manjay. I'm sitting here trying not to get distracted by FB and the forum too and doing a rubbish job of it :p

Hope your mum gets safely off the plane soon Manjay.

manjay
21-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Just had a text to say she has landed safely in Alicante and I have managed half of my 2000 word assignment so cooking on gas here;)

The Juggler
21-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Just had a text to say she has landed safely in Alicante and I have managed half of my 2000 word assignment so cooking on gas here;)

glad she's OK and well done with your work! More than I've done today!

Blaze
21-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Glad she's ok & well done both of you for getting on with your assignments:thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
21-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Snap - I'm totally sick of the snow too - only reallly cause I'm scared of driving in it. So glad your mum has landed safely - and pleased that you are getting on well with your assignment.:clapping:

Oh Pipsqueak - - thats a depressing one I used to have to lecture on that when I was teaching - I taught Social Policy - It did come up in other aspects of other courses such as child Protection units etc but I really had to delve deep for Social Policy and it was really really upsetting when you realise all the injuries and all the areas/depts where her case slipped through the net. - The one that sickened me most was where the WPC wouldn't go out to a call from a concerned neighbour (I think - from memory) because she feared for her safety and did nothing about it - surely she could have rounded up a few burley colleagues to go with her - the child was afterall known to them :angry: :panic: :angry:

Anyway all the best - to all you brave (MAD) people out there doing all this studying - Having done nothing but studying for years and years I just don't think I could face it for a while now. - I need a rock to hide under!!!!

Pipsqueak
21-02-2010, 08:26 PM
glad your mum is safely on holiday now Manjay and I see you got lots done (FB):clapping:

I got mine done thank goodness. It was quite heavy going and I had to take several breaks as, Celest said its quite upsetting and I was getting angry about it to.

The Juggler
21-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Snap - I'm totally sick of the snow too - only reallly cause I'm scared of driving in it. So glad your mum has landed safely - and pleased that you are getting on well with your assignment.:clapping:

Oh Pipsqueak - - thats a depressing one I used to have to lecture on that when I was teaching - I taught Social Policy - It did come up in other aspects of other courses such as child Protection units etc but I really had to delve deep for Social Policy and it was really really upsetting when you realise all the injuries and all the areas/depts where her case slipped through the net. - The one that sickened me most was where the WPC wouldn't go out to a call from a concerned neighbour (I think - from memory) because she feared for her safety and did nothing about it - surely she could have rounded up a few burley colleagues to go with her - the child was afterall known to them :angry: :panic: :angry:

Anyway all the best - to all you brave (MAD) people out there doing all this studying - Having done nothing but studying for years and years I just don't think I could face it for a while now. - I need a rock to hide under!!!!

what did you used to teach Celeste (sorry if I've asked before:blush: ) sounds heavy?