PDA

View Full Version : May be getting a kitten (or two!) and need advice

Pudding Girl
20-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Mindees cat is up the duff and have been asked if we want a/any kitten/s - thinking about it! But to help our decision how hard would it be minding with a new kitten/s and what combo would be best, bb, gg, bg?
How do you handle things like litter trays and food/water bowls with cming?

jelly15
20-02-2010, 08:12 PM
I have a cat and keep her litter and food in utility room. She has access in and out through cat flap in back door. Mindees don't use this room and enter the garden through patio doors, so they only really have contact with cat when I let her in to play now and again.

Inspectors were keen to make sure food and litter were not in the kitchen and the mindees were not able to get at them. Had to show proof that I regularly wormed and anti-flea treat the cat.

Neighbours have two males and friend has a male and a female, no problems with either combination as long as they are spayed/nutered as soon as they are old enough.

Kittens need to learn how to use claws and tend to scratch a lot until they can do, so minimal contact with mindees essential to begin with.

Lou
20-02-2010, 08:16 PM
OMG i am so jealous lol, i wold have one or two if i was nearer.

My cat was a kitten while i was minding, his food was in the kitchen, and i always had a stairgate on the kitchen door for safety, and although the mindees came in with me, I could close it when i wasnt in there so they couldnt get to the food.

His litter tray was put out at night and taken away in the morning so that was never a problem for me, and after he had his injections etc he went out at night anyway.

As for what sex to get, couldnt advise sorry as i only have 1 boy. Boys are cheaper to get "done" and can be done much earlier, i think girls have to be 6 months but i could be wrong.

Pudding Girl
20-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm imagining a bg combo, best of both worlds?

No idea how pregnant the cat is but they can see a tummy on her, she's nicking food and scraps and eating more and her teats are very pink and prominent... any experts in cat pregnancy here?! She's only young though, somewhere between 8m and a year, poor mite :( I hope there won't be problems with birth if she is young?

I've picked a girlie name so far ;)

jaja
20-02-2010, 08:55 PM
its about the right age for a kitten to fall, we are hpoing that our kitten falls, the male cat in the area has been around and poor tinkerbell looks scared, bless her.... We have all girls and they dont fight, we have three:blush: :blush: and hoping that tinkerbell has kttens but we would then get her spade, they seem to be nicer if you let them have the first set of kittens and then get them done....

Got to put pictures up when you get them xxx

Gizmo
20-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I would love to get a kitten but dh really doesnt like cats would need to sneak it in and try and hide it from him :laughing: