PDA

View Full Version : Kids!!!

Pipsqueak
20-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Not mine for once.

Eldest had a friend round today and they were (for once) playing in the garden with younger children - hidey boo tig (hide and seek!) lol.

My children KNOW they are not to climb onto the shed roof(s) but no matter told sons friend J that it was a good hidey place, eldest son was already on the roof, J was climbing up by standing on the fence and I bet you can guess whats coming next can't you......... oh go on take a stab......

yes J slipped off the fence - thankfully not the roof, (and you can see the scenario unfolding can't you) - put hand out to break his fall (have you guessed yet) and hey presto one hurt hand and a bumped head for good measure.

I didn't actually see all of this - I was in a different part of the house, first I knew what the shout and then Mummmmmmmmmm - J needs help.

First Aid applications and decision making of take child home to parent as I think he needs further treatment.

Parent has just rung me, he is splinted till Monday and return to hospital, think he has fractured bones in his hand (head is fine) and she thanked me profusely for looking after him and for knowing what to do. :blush: :blush: I didn't do anything !!!!

The funny thing is, when i took him home, pulled up outside their house, they pulled up behind me - the dad got out the car on crutches!!!!! lol Mum got out the car and told her that J needed to go to hospital and she thought I was joking after seeing her hubby!

oh what an end to the half term:rolleyes:

Alibali
20-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Oh No! Hope he recovers quickly, kids eh!

Twinkles
20-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Aahh boys, doncha just love 'em ?

Never mind they'll soon be teenagers :D

Tam's Tribe
20-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Oh no!!! . . . I wonder if he has learnt a lesson . . . BOYS!!

Hebs
20-02-2010, 06:30 PM
Ah the joys of boys, gotta love them :clapping:

flora
20-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Ah the joys of boys, gotta love them :clapping:

Thats what I was thinking :laughing:

Pipsqueak
20-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I am banning boys from my house!!!!

Hebs
20-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I am banning boys from my house!!!!

:eek:

you're gonna live alone?? :clapping:

Pipsqueak
20-02-2010, 09:02 PM
:eek:

you're gonna live alone?? :clapping:

do you know that sounds like a wonderful idea. seeing as I mind boys as well, looks like i won't be working either:laughing:

Hebs
20-02-2010, 09:10 PM
do you know that sounds like a wonderful idea. seeing as I mind boys as well, looks like i won't be working either:laughing:

:laughing:

in total right now i have 3 boys and 4 girls so pretty even

Joannechildmind
21-02-2010, 12:08 AM
wouldnt it be lovely to live alone for just a few days the house would be so tidy:)

Rosiemay
21-02-2010, 08:10 AM
boys! i have three of my own and mind two more. My house can get very, very noisy!!!:laughing:

rosie x

helenlc
21-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I have a DS and DD - so even.

At the moment, I have two EYFS mindees - one boy, one girl.

One after schooler - girl.

So fairly evenly matched here!!

I am actually liking the idea of NO kids in the house for a couple of days - boys and girls and that includes my 2!!!:laughing: :blush: