PDA

View Full Version : Inspection due, What MUST we have up on display?

Toothfairy
19-02-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi

Ive got Mrs 'O' due and I am just going around checking everything.

Please can you tell me what we MUST have up on display.

Ive got in my hall;
Registration cert
First Aid Cert
Insurance Cert
Copy of complaints procedure and some complaint forms
Latest Ofsted poster
My long term, medium term and short term planning

Do I need my Safeguarding Children Cert up?

In addition I have posters;
Welcome
Goodbye
Fire drill
No Smoking

In the play areas I have;

EYFS posters
Inclusive child poster
Multicultural & disability posters
How I feel today poster
House rules
Number & colour posters
Times tables poster
Flags around the world
Fire drill
Picture RA for Going to the park
Picture RA for a sunny day
Picture RS for A trip in the car
Picture RA for being safe crossing the road
Childrens art work

In the bathroon;
Now wash your hands poster

In the kitchen;

Now wash your hands poster
Posters of 5 a day fruit & veg
Multiculural cooking customs

Have I missed anything, I read somewhere about having the Ofsted poster for the complaints procedure?

You can't see an inch of wall in my house, It is just one big pin board!!! :laughing:

moogster1a
19-02-2010, 12:13 PM
The only thing you have to have on display is your registration certificate. The rest are things you might have to have available, such as insurance; others are just reccommended The reg. cert. is the only thing I have on display. I like my home to look like a home!! Everything else goes in a file

sweets
19-02-2010, 01:33 PM
i'm pretty sure you have the necessary covered there! :laughing:

the only thing i have up is my reg certificate and even that comes down at weekends :laughing:

venus89
19-02-2010, 01:45 PM
:eek: Blimey.

As I understand it all you HAVE to display is your registration certificate and the OFTSED parents' poater......

christine e
19-02-2010, 01:47 PM
i'm pretty sure you have the necessary covered there! :laughing:

the only thing i have up is my reg certificate and even that comes down at weekends :laughing:
It is my understanding that the ones you have to have on display are your cert of registration and the Ofsted poster.

Cx

specks4
19-02-2010, 01:54 PM
i hope thats all you need as i havent the room to display anything else.

Got my inspection in about a week

Pauline
19-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes the Parent's Poster is required. You can find the latest one on the Forum free downloads:

www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources

click the right hand tab- "free downloads" :)

sweets
19-02-2010, 02:17 PM
didnt know we needed a poster up too! i will put one up just before my next inspection the take it down again afterwards. lol:laughing:

i will not turn my home into a nursery or a setting :(

Toothfairy
19-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone.

I do feel as though I live in a Nursery sometimes, maybe after my inspection I will take some down. :thumbsup:

caz3007
19-02-2010, 04:44 PM
didnt know we needed a poster up too! i will put one up just before my next inspection the take it down again afterwards. lol:laughing:

Exactly what I did. I do have my registration certificate in a photo frame on a shelf as I am proud of that

Pauline
19-02-2010, 04:54 PM

Don't worry we won't tell anyone :laughing:

Ripeberry
19-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Wow! That's a lot. Even our local pre-school does not have that many posters up :D

mississmoomoo
21-02-2010, 05:36 PM
You need your portfolio and essential that you have your CRB check for you and anyone else over 16 in your portfolio

Pudding Girl
21-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Don't worry we won't tell anyone :laughing:

No but the parents might mention it though that suddenly all these new things are out purely for inspection! :eek:

kimbelina
05-03-2010, 02:33 PM
I thought it was just your registration cert and first aid cert that were compulsory, but I'm not certain.

And OMG you have so much stuff on your walls!!! How do you have any space?! :eek: I prefer blank walls where possible ;)

Jules12Wed
11-03-2010, 02:10 PM
One thing i've been advised to get is a comments and complaints book to keep by the door.

Cazz
11-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Don't know if you've seen the other thread but there's a new parents poster which you can print off on the Ofsted website. It's got the new telephone number for Ofsted on it.

I would get it up as someone on the other thread said they didn't get an outstanding because they didn't have the most recent poster on display (it only changed this month).

Good luck with your inspection - mine's going to be anytime now as well. (Well it should have been tomorrow but that's another story!).

samd35
16-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I was told the other day that we have to have displayed a floor plan of our home.

Not sure how true this is.

Sam x

hop04
20-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi all. Ive just registered and on my training i was told that i need to show my reg certificate and a floor plan detailing emergency routes. hope this helps x:)

babs
20-03-2010, 09:14 PM
reg cert, insurance cert and parents poster..... anything else is up to u ..

karen m
20-03-2010, 09:24 PM
had inspection last month was told just reg certificate although i do have daily risk assessment pinned up behind front door ,this wear my reg cert is to

moljak
23-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi all. Ive just registered and on my training i was told that i need to show my reg certificate and a floor plan detailing emergency routes. hope this helps x:)

I wasn't told this during training.wouldn't it be lovely if we were all told the same stuff!

Monkey Martin
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Our house is like yours, everything labelled and posters everywhere, but this suits us as we have two young children ourselves who get a kick out of the posters and the labels help with their spelling etc. Some of my other child minding friends have houses that look like houses, whereas ours looks like a nursery, but apart from the few necessary posters, I think it is what suits you, your children and your 'set up'? Our child minding group are all happy doing it our own way?

Catherine

Mykidsrock
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
You only need to have your registration certificate displayed, but the inspector will usually ask to see other paperwork such a policies and procedures. I just had a box ready with all my things in it and went through that with my Inspector at my inspection. Mine was very concerned that visitor books must be on display and used. :)

Pauline
11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
You only need to have your registration certificate displayed

You must also have the latest Ofsted poster where parents can see it, so they don't have to ask you how they contact Ofsted (so they can send glowing reports on you or complaints) ;)

The latest one is available to download from the free resources/free dowloads - link at the top of the forum. :thumbsup:

Becky_Pearce
13-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I've got my reg certificate and the complaints poster on a pinboard, which I just hang up when I'm childminding...take it down at weekends etc.. was thinking about having them stuck to the back of a normal picture on the wall so I could just flip it over, but haven't got around to it yet!!:)

Beetlejuice
14-09-2010, 08:56 AM
In my hallway I have my reg certificate, Ofsted complaints poster, insurance certificate and my emergency evacuation plan (which is floor plan of the house, details of where we meet in an evacuation, situation of phones and smoke alarms in the house).

Are we not meant to display the EYFS poster? I was told that at my last inspection in June 2008 (I had mine up anyway)

scamp
19-09-2010, 09:19 AM
If you employ an assistant you also need to display the Health and Safety at work poster or make sure that each member of staff has been given the pocket or web printed version.

funfunfun
19-09-2010, 02:49 PM
And OMG you have so much stuff on your walls!!! How do you have any space?! :eek: I prefer blank walls where possible ;)

Have to say have loads on my too :blush: only the kitchen as it the room we use the most I have of course fire blanket (NOW on wall) 1st aid box within easy reach

have months/days of the week/year.....colours /numbers..........display board with work on ...........pantry door covered in photo's :)freezer has a sticky blackboard on ..alphabet magnets etc

Planning /risk assesmnets ................fire exit signs (small on the door) evacuation plan and fire meeting point

Welcome (different languages) sign in porch with ofsted cert /insurnance ofsted poster. complaints procedure and complaints form !!
(sure you have to have them )