PDA

View Full Version : CRB still got to wait another 6 weeks

SparklingGems
18-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Well my health form has been approved so deided to chase my crb today as its been 6 weeks now and the crb advised they cant chase anytnhing yet so I rang the police myself and was told that they only recieved my crb on 7th feb and they still have 60days so they said it would not be processed til 29th march as they are snowed under. argh....................

So now I need to get my bum in gear plan to start minding after easter.

What things did you have ready for starting out that you could advise me to do? I have policies, risk assessments and child info forms.

Thanks

king
18-02-2010, 09:17 PM
My CRB was recieved 6 weeks ago, but I am still waiting.
I have prepared policies, risk assesments, personal details forms, All about me book, planning sheets, medicene sheets, accident, incident and observed injury sheets, daily sheets and I have started a learning journey for my child to use as an example to show parents. I have also done a website which one of my customers have found useful.

sfox2003
18-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Although your local police station have 60 days, CRB will mark your application as a priority at the 8 week point. This means they contact the police station & inform them of this. This could then speed up the police checks. My local police station said without the prioritisation they were working to the full 60 days because of a high workload.

YOU need to make sure it all happens though. CRB probably wont volunteer this info. Phone them & ask what date you can be prioritised. On that date phone them up & ask them to do it, then give it 24 hours & phone police station checking theyve received the prioritisation. If theyve not ring CRB back & chase it again (mine took 48 hours to get to police station, once it did they did it that day).

I had to do this. My application was a NIGHTMARE!! Everyone made mistakes along the way I had to phone & push it every step.

Good luck :D