PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit next week - really not prepared!

mrmitchell78
18-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I haven't been on here for a little while - I have my pre-reg visit next Thursday and I am really not prepared. I haven't really finalised my policies yet and although rooms are babyproofed I just feel completely out of my depth. I am quite rubbish at retaining information so I'm sure I will forget everything when the inspector comes. Sorry, just wanted to offload!

mama2three
18-02-2010, 07:24 PM
i hadnt done all my policies pre-reg , its not essential. and you dont need to remember everything! if you fill in the question booklet then you can refer back to it is you are asked any questions. and dont worry , im sure we all do , but the pre-reg inspection is very helpful and not at all scary! Show you can 'assess' risks and how to help children learn - thats the main bits and youll be fine!

It's a small world
18-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Dont worry about not having everything ready as long as you can verbally tell Mrs O what you need to do IE: certain policies etc. She will give you advice on anything you may have missd and help you.Please dont worry Im sure everything will be fine...good luck :thumbsup:

king
18-02-2010, 08:51 PM
The booklet is very useful. All the questions I was asked were in the booklet, have a good look at it.
Good luck!

lizmathmax
18-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Dont worry! I was really nervous, but the lady was really nice. She didn't ask me anything difficult at all. I spent ages rehearsing answers to questions in my booklet, but wasnt like that. Much more like a chat
Good luck
Liz x

KarenM
23-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Do you need to show rooms are ready to go? Or is it more about my suitability as a CM?

Maureen75
24-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I've just had a visit from my Chilminding support officer. Got my pre-reg next Thursday. The support officer said that they're more bothered about you and whether you understand risk assessment, safeguarding, and that you have some policies, eg accident, medicines, safeguarding, equal opportunities. She also said that they're really hot on making sure you know what info you need to have for each child, eg name, address, parents' contact details, and particularly who has parental responsibility.
She told me they won't neccesarily want to see all the equipment and toys cos you wont know the ages of the children you'll be minding yet. So the rooms don't have to be "ready to go" as long as you can show you've risk assessed and know what items you will need to use.
Hope that makes sense and good luck.
Sally.