PDA

View Full Version : Paypal question

Cazz
17-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I've never had a paypal account before and am wondering if it is better to set it up with the payments being made from a bank account or a credit card?

Are there are any advantages/disadvantages to doing either. I'm thinking it would be easier to stop payments from a bank account (had a nightmare stopping a renewal on a credit card in the past). Or does Paypal not work in this way?

It's childcare.co.uk I am sending payment to so it would be a yearly renewal, so I want to make sure I make the right choice!

babydayz
18-02-2010, 12:26 AM
:) Is this for parents to pay you?.
If so i would say no as paypal would take a percentage of any payments you get you could end up losing out on money
I think they take about 15p out of every pound you get paid hope this helps, i would suggest if you want parents to pay into your account get them to set up a standing order that would be much easier :)

babydayz
18-02-2010, 12:27 AM
sorry just noticed you said it is for childcare.co.uk i pay mine using paypal :blush:

Cazz
18-02-2010, 12:50 AM
sorry just noticed you said it is for childcare.co.uk i pay mine using paypal :blush:

Thanks for your reply.

You need to register somewhere for the money to come from when paying for something with paypal - I was wondering if best to do it from a bank account or credit card?

Thanks for the info about paypal taking some of the money if parents pay that way. I'll remember that in case anyone ever ask to do it! :thumbsup: