PDA

View Full Version : Rented home

clairebear
17-02-2010, 08:40 PM
After reading another post on here i just thought i would check something.

Do you have to have written permission from Landlord to become a childminder from their property, I am currently on a course to become childminder and have just sent off my forms to ofsted, However i havnt approached my landlord yet and am now really worried!!

Thanks.

jojane
17-02-2010, 09:50 PM
in wales it asks you on the application form if you own or rent your house and you do need permission from the landlord. as technically you are running a business from home so landlord would need to know for his insuarnace purposes.

Twinkles
17-02-2010, 10:05 PM
After reading another post on here i just thought i would check something.

Do you have to have written permission from Landlord to become a childminder from their property, I am currently on a course to become childminder and have just sent off my forms to ofsted, However i havnt approached my landlord yet and am now really worried!!

Thanks.

Yes you do need their permission.

clairebear
17-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your replies, It didnt ask me on the application, Is it a requirement of ofsted then?? Could anyone point me in the direction of a link of some sort to confirm this. Thanks

clairebear
18-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Ok so im going to write a letter to my landlord, I am in a privately rented house and my landlord is a bit of a funny one, Im really worried she is going to say no to me being a childminder so im trying to make sure i write a fully informed letter to her, explaining everything she needs to know. Any ideas on what to include?? Thanks.

Mollymop
18-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your replies, It didnt ask me on the application, Is it a requirement of ofsted then?? Could anyone point me in the direction of a link of some sort to confirm this. Thanks

No it is not an ofsted requirement but landlord needs to know as it is his/her house that you will be minding from.

In the letter don't forget to say that it is self employment and not a business - tell them that the only changes you will be making to the house will be stairgates, etc. Explain that you will only be taking on so many children in the day time so shouldn't effect any neighbours, maybe a good idea to state that you have house rules, etc as well.

I have no knowledge of how best to go about this as I own my house, but this is what I would do if it were me

Good luck x

jojane
18-02-2010, 12:25 PM
let them know you will have public liability insurance

i put how many children i was planning to have (i have 2 little ones myself so house is already child proofed and an extra couple of kids around isnt going to be too bad)

Mia'smummyx
21-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I emailed my landlord and told him i was planning on becoming a childminder, he was fine just said thats ok as long, i think as long as his rent is paid he doesnt care!!!
I have quick question for anyone who can help, im going to get my public liabilty ins and car insurance do i also have to have contents insurance as i have never had it before??

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Ok so im going to write a letter to my landlord, I am in a privately rented house and my landlord is a bit of a funny one, Im really worried she is going to say no to me being a childminder so im trying to make sure i write a fully informed letter to her, explaining everything she needs to know. Any ideas on what to include?? Thanks.

Hya

I live in a (council house)

I rang them and they said as long as i have a chat with immediate neighbours that would be fine .....(oh and as long as i registered with ofsted)

:)

clairebear
21-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Just to follow up on this, I was so worried about it all that my husband took charge and called our landlord, After a brief chat with the wife of the couple she said that she would have to check with her husband and get back to us. She call on friday to say it was fine and wished me luck and tried to give me lots of advice which was lovely of her. Only thing she asked for was for me to put my request in writing and to make sure i stated i would have public liability insurance, I said that was fine and asked her to respond with a letter giving us permission, just incase i would need it in the future. So happy!!!!

Thanks for all your advice! x

funfunfun
21-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Just to follow up on this, I was so worried about it all that my husband took charge and called our landlord, After a brief chat with the wife of the couple she said that she would have to check with her husband and get back to us. She call on friday to say it was fine and wished me luck and tried to give me lots of advice which was lovely of her. Only thing she asked for was for me to put my request in writing and to make sure i stated i would have public liability insurance, I said that was fine and asked her to respond with a letter giving us permission, just incase i would need it in the future. So happy!!!!

Thanks for all your advice! x

Yipeee !!!! good for you xx

PixiePetal
21-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Well done, bet that is a relief :thumbsup:

jojane
21-02-2010, 02:01 PM
its personal coice but everyone should have contents insurance anyway, if something happened fire or burglarly you wouldnt be able to afford to replace everything, you would be surprised how much your house contents are worth!!