PDA

View Full Version : links with EYFS

madredann
17-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I use an EYFS observation sheet with space for photo then observation/notes underneath and then next steps underneath that and finally at bottom of sheet is a space where you put links to EYFS. I use my EYFS disk that came with the folder EYFS setting the standards for learning.... and use the search areas of learning and development select the age of child then go to development matters and depending on the activity look at which parts link to it and write these in space for links to EYFS ........... is this the correct way of doing it?

Kes
17-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Sounds good however I would'nt automatically go with the age of the child its supposed to be a rough guide so you are supposed to put down where you think the child is development wise not where the table tells you they should be for their age. I usually check the age ranges either side of theirs and see where they fit best.

sarah707
17-02-2010, 08:19 PM
sounds good to me! :D

madredann
17-02-2010, 09:34 PM
Kes when I was doing it today I thought that so will keep that in mind I might go over them again and have another look but am nearly up-to-date and ready to do more it makes you see what the children are really gaining from the planning you do and it helps you move forward doesnt it.
Thanks ladies