PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Cuba?

mum2two
16-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Well, as the title suggests really!

We've just booked to go in November. 2 weeks all inclusive. Really looking forward to it. Always wanted to do AI, and it'll be great not having to say 'No' to the kids if they ask for a 10th ice cream!! :thumbsup:

Any tips, recommendations etc. We want to swim with dolphins too. Going with First Choice, and reading reviews it seems best to book that when we arrive!

Roll on 1st November...

xx

solly
16-02-2010, 07:35 PM
We went a few years ago and stayed all inclusive in cayo coco it was a fantastic holiday, we flew to Havana for the day and it rained all day so we ended spending long periods of time on the coach. The trip was educational and would not advise it if you have very young children.
We also flew to swim with the dolphins which was magical and we loved every minute of it. most trips you tend to fly to as it is quicker than on the roads which are not up to much.

avril
16-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I went for my honeymoon, fabulous gorgeous, pure white sands turquoise sea, GREAT!
We flew to Havannah for the day roasting hot, learnt quite a lot about cuba, don't forget to try a mohito (if that's how it's spelt!) a traditional rum and mint cocktail. I had one in the bar Hemmingway use to drink in ;)
Boat trip was amazing, freshly caught lobster to eat, flying fish alonside the boat well catamaran, loads of fish.

Oooh the memories :clapping:

Tina O
16-02-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not allowed to go to Cuba (married to Soldier) hope you have fun xx

Spangles
17-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Didn't know we weren't allowed to go there!

I've always wanted to go there, it looks beautiful and as if it would have lots of cultural atmosphere and experiences.

Hope you have a great time! It's lovely to have something like that to look forward to all year!

xx

LOOPYLISA
17-02-2010, 09:47 AM
let us know what its like

hope you marry abroad, just not sure where yet :D

LesleyB
17-02-2010, 10:10 AM

Yes you can, you just need to get permission. We got married there it's a fantastic place, beautiful beaches. xx

funtoplay
17-02-2010, 11:20 AM

We are going in October...not a problem! My husband is army too!

Julia

Tina O
17-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Didn't know we weren't allowed to go there!

I've always wanted to go there, it looks beautiful and as if it would have lots of cultural atmosphere and experiences.

Hope you have a great time! It's lovely to have something like that to look forward to all year!

xx

You can arrange to go but it is one of those places that soliders can't go to until have to get written permission from MOD! always seemed easier to go somewhere else than to go and ask boss for permission slip, like being in school.......lol

Spangles
17-02-2010, 07:33 PM
You can arrange to go but it is one of those places that soliders can't go to until have to get written permission from MOD! always seemed easier to go somewhere else than to go and ask boss for permission slip, like being in school.......lol

Thanks Tina! Know what you mean about asking permission, it's a pain in the bum and like being treated like a child!

Chatterbox Childcare
17-02-2010, 07:35 PM
We went for a wedding and it was bliss - diving wasn't work it though.

Helen Dempster
18-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm off to Cuba at the end of April for my honeymoon :) and I can't wait!!!! Starting at Havana for 3 days, then on to a really lovely Sandals hotel in Varadero. Am sooooooooooo looking forward to it, and am going to try that cocktail! :D

Heaven Scent
18-02-2010, 07:43 PM
I want to go too I'm supposed to be going this year but now that I have to pay £700 to recover all my data from my broken hard drive I doubt it will be happening :( - Does anyone know if there is a resort near enough to Havannah that British Tour opereators go to (I actually mean Thomas Cook) which would mean that we wouldn't have to fly there from our resort.