PDA

View Full Version : EYFS Stickers on OBS & Planning

pinky33
16-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I have some of the EYFS stickers that i brought from the NCMA store and i just wanted to check and see if anyone knew if it was acceptable to use them on observations and planning if i put a key to the symbols on them at the front of each child's file?

Just thought it would save the huge amount of writing each area of L&D out and they are easily identifiable

Blaze
16-02-2010, 06:16 PM
You could do - but it'll cost you a fortune!

pinky33
16-02-2010, 06:18 PM
You could do - but it'll cost you a fortune!

I found a way round the cost involved, by making my own stickers from the symbols after ones i brought are used up !!;)

sarah707
16-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I found a way round the cost involved, by making my own stickers from the symbols after ones i brought are used up !!;)

Be very careful with copyright!

Make sure you use your own symbols and layout and somewhere you need to acknowledge where the idea came from for them.

Best to be safe :D

pinky33
16-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for advice, i had thought that may be an issue so i have designed my own symbols based on the ones that i purchased so at least i can show that i have used my own creativity! That is the plan anyway! All to save myself lots of writing lol

TheBTeam
16-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I have just bought two packs of these as I have changed the way i want to do my obs, i figured that each pack had 32 of each area, so even if I had 8 kids under 5 (between dh and I), that would give us four stickers per area per pack for each child and so they could last a couple of months or so with obs, so it only works out around £2 per month and may make my life a little easier!

I am using these combined with my pogo, my Wow moment post its/Speech bubble post its and then the stickers to head longer obs comments.

butterfly
17-02-2010, 10:36 AM
i've bought several packs of these to put on my planning. i'm finding them really good to show me exactly hich areas i've covered and which i haven't. it really makes me think twice about my planning!

Andrea08
17-02-2010, 10:45 AM
i use them too but have printed (copied)off my obs sheets with the stickers so only used one set :D

dont forget you should also add the aspects of the area eg

KUW;- Place 40-60+ notice differences between features of the local environment
also add the age you are looking at not the age of child as your child could be in age group 40-60 for most areas but age 30-50 in CLL and age group 22-36 in PD

my m8s mindee is in three different age groups as he has special needs and we have to mark off which age group he is covering..

good luck sorry i went on a bit lol

kareb
11-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I use a happy face stamp and use different coloured ink .

jo f
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I put one on an obs at the top where it says activity name along with what the activity is just as an area of focus, obviously usually a few areas are covered too.

For quick obs I have a page with boxes in and a sticker for each area to put them in. Easy to see which areas i need to focus on for next time

On my weekly planning I have Days down one side with activities covered then opposite a sticker for each area and a tick list showing what activity covers what aspects

Sorry I know I'm not very good with making sense!!!! Thats why I love workin with kids!!!

mamasheshe
11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I use a happy face stamp and use different coloured ink .

thats a good idea xx

blue bear
19-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I draw a smiley face with felt tip pen, different colours for each area of learning, did this way before NCMA introduced stickers, saves loads and you never run out.

At the back of the learning journey is an explanation of what colurs link to which area, children love them and can't peel them off.

miffy
19-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I have some of the EYFS stickers that i brought from the NCMA store and i just wanted to check and see if anyone knew if it was acceptable to use them on observations and planning if i put a key to the symbols on them at the front of each child's file?

Just thought it would save the huge amount of writing each area of L&D out and they are easily identifiable

I have a friend who uses this system - it's easy for parents to see which area is covered

Miffy xx

mama2three
20-07-2010, 08:35 AM
I use them in my learning journeys , it makes my obs look slightly more 'professional' as I dont use any specific forms etc .. They do work out quite expensive though - may look for some of the stamper pens in the same colours..