PDA

View Full Version : Business names again sorry

Leanne59
15-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Hi all,

I really need your help. I would love to have a company name but I am finding it hard to think of one. I live in east yorkshire and I my road is called southfield close. I have read some lovely names on other posts, just need so inspiration! thanks for all your help!

mama2three
16-02-2010, 07:41 AM
how about googling childminders names and making a shortlist of ones you like , or asking the mindees / parents .
do you want something sweet , or something quirky?
then post your 'shortlist' and well say yeah or nay!
have you looked back on these posts , lots of ideas there too!

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51108

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51323

miffy
16-02-2010, 07:46 AM
Little Puddings sprang to mind but that's 'cos you live in Yorkshire - nothing to do with childminding!

Sorry I'm not much help!

Miffy xx

MissTinkerbell
16-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh I love 'Little Puddings' Miffy - thats so sweet:)

Sorry I'm not much help either - took me ages to come up with Little Sparkles.

Think about what you want to achieve - I first came up with wanting children to sparkle and then played around with how I could incorporate that into a name.

You could also have a 'competition amongst your mindees (if they're old enough) and your parents to come up with a name.

I suppose its like mama2three said - do you want sweet or quirky?

Leanne59
16-02-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks for your help. I would love some thing sweet and meanful like yours,

I just cant make my mind up. I like curious caterpillairs,little cherubs, bright beginnings, mudpies and lulliabies. my partner likes little tinkers as thats what he calls ours boys!! I thought choosing your child's name was hard this is so much worse! No childminders in my area have business name or logos so hopefuly ill stand out much more! leanne's little stars!? leanne little tinkers.

Leanne59
16-02-2010, 01:53 PM
forgot to say I havent got any mindees yet, though this my help me find some. Was going to get some stuff printed if I ever make my mind up. thanks again

MissTinkerbell
16-02-2010, 02:34 PM
thanks for your help. I would love some thing sweet and meanful like yours,

I just cant make my mind up. I like curious caterpillairs,little cherubs, bright beginnings, mudpies and lulliabies. my partner likes little tinkers as thats what he calls ours boys!! I thought choosing your child's name was hard this is so much worse! No childminders in my area have business name or logos so hopefuly ill stand out much more! leanne's little stars!? leanne little tinkers.

I like Curious caterpillars - shows that you are thinking of doing loads of interesting things and you'll be able to make a lovely logo to go with it.

Carpet Monkeys
21-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm going through the same thing as you ... I'm not necessarily calling my business a name, but want to do a website so have opted for Carpet Monkeys ... now not sure whether to put childcare, daycare of childminding!!!

linda2girls
21-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm calling my business Busy Hands Childminding. My friend calls her Helping Hands, which I really like.

Try googling - it doesn't matter if you copy if you're in another part of the country.

Linda.

Probey9
21-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Mine is Dolly Mixtures Childminding and others in the area are Kids Time Childminding and Rugrats Childminding. It is hard but you need to be sure.

Merry-Minder
21-02-2010, 10:07 PM
I like the 'little puddings' idea.

Im called Merri-Kids as the name of my road is Merrishaw road - it took me ages to come with that!

Good luck.x