PDA

View Full Version : to line or not to line?

sweets
15-02-2010, 05:27 PM
i have just spent most of the day stripping off the horrible anaglypta horribly bumpy wallpaper off the walls in my kitchen. the plaster underneath is pretty good. there are a few hairline cracks in it though!

my dilemma is should i line it with lining paper before i paint it or just paint straight on the plaster which is what i was hoping i could do as i know im not brill at wallpapering.

anyone know if the cracks will show through the paint? they are not wide enough to fill first and really are hairline.

sarah707
15-02-2010, 05:42 PM
I'd say unless it was new plaster it's best lined... but then I'm not the one doing it :laughing: :D

grindal
15-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I would not bother lining if the plaster looks OK. You can get some flexible filler and smear it over the cracks just to make them smoother - then sand it down after with some fine grade sand paper. Any bumps etc in the plaster will show through lining paper anyway!

Hebs
15-02-2010, 05:58 PM
TBH i'd line it, yes the cracks will show through the paint unless you faff on filling it.

i love to decorate tho :blush:
yesterday i papered my bedroom, and finished off the batrhroom, and have started on melissa's room (have had to strip it after melissa and her friend TRIED to paint it and made a mess of it :rolleyes: )

:thumbsup: