15-02-2010, 03:24 PM
hi everyone
i am trying to do risk assessments for my dog and cat
what should i put in them

has anyone got one i could look at please

thanks alot luv sue xxxxx

linda2girls
22-02-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't realise we had to do a risk assessment for our animals, I only have a Pet Policy. Hope someone has one we can look at.

Linda.

littlestar
22-02-2010, 02:38 PM
me too only a pet policy also have a flee and worming chart for animals to show mrsO if she is troubled.

Ripeberry
22-02-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm the middle of reviewing my R.As and for animals it has
Hazards:
Pet immunisations not up to date
food and water bowls, litter trays not kept clean and out of reach of children
Animal waste
Precautions not taken to control worms and fleas
Cages and enclosures (for pets) not secure
Animals who share enviroment with children are not under control and well disciplined
Pets allowed on work surfaces
Animals reacting to strangers or when they get angry?

Anything else you can think of?

mama2three
22-02-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm the middle of reviewing my R.As and for animals it has
Hazards:
Pet immunisations not up to date
food and water bowls, litter trays not kept clean and out of reach of children
Animal waste
Precautions not taken to control worms and fleas
Cages and enclosures (for pets) not secure
Animals who share enviroment with children are not under control and well disciplined
Pets allowed on work surfaces
Animals reacting to strangers or when they get angry?

Anything else you can think of?

allergic reaction? only other thing i can think of. i havent got a r/a , just a policy - think i maay just add the dog on the house r/a for the utility room , which is where she hides when im minding.

Ripeberry
22-02-2010, 03:48 PM
How would we stop an allergic reaction though. If a child was very allergic to animals they would not come to us in the first place and I certainly would not get rid of my animals for a mindee :rolleyes:

zillervalley
22-02-2010, 03:51 PM
How would we stop an allergic reaction though. If a child was very allergic to animals they would not come to us in the first place and I certainly would not get rid of my animals for a mindee :rolleyes:

Hi i agree, when parents ring me I tell them i have a do and 3:blush: cats, and ask if they mind or are allergic

my family pets come before mindees I am afraid

ziller

mama2three
22-02-2010, 03:53 PM

unfortunately allergy can start at any time -but i agree we would usually know in advance. i would prob add it on so risk , allergic reaction and action - check with all parents that children have no allergy to pet hair etc. be aware of first aid procedure regarding allergic reactions. thats all really. I have allergic reaction on activity risk assessments , even though i would know in advance so i thought it would be the same here. It does seem like paperwork just for the sake of it though!

linda2girls
22-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Ziller - don't be embarrassed about have 3 cats - I have 4.:blush:

Linda.:)

linda2girls
22-02-2010, 05:39 PM
So, do we all think we need a Risk Assessment then?

Linda.

linda2girls
22-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Risk assessment for pets - all done. Now, what's next ......

Linda.