PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Surprise

Bendy
14-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Its my daughters 6th birthday today. We have had a fab day with family and friends playing lots of games and eating lots of yummy cake and sweets.:clapping: :laughing:

Anyway during the afternoon we noticed a strange man run up to our door and post something. When I opened the door to the porch there was a red envelope sitting there with my daughters name on it in a childs handwriting. We all assumed it was a birthday card but were surprised to find its a valentines card from one of her school friends.

What has surprised me though is that this boys parents have obviously had to purchase this card and then go out of their way to post it by hand today.

My daughter was slightly embarrased :blush: shrugged her shoulders sighed and said it's not him I fancy anyway, put the card to one side and carried on playing. :rolleyes:

Oh well what can I say other than it looks like she is a treat them mean to keep the keen kind of girl.

sarak31
14-02-2010, 08:08 PM
am loving her response!!:laughing: how cool!

ajs
14-02-2010, 08:27 PM
how sweet

i remember doing that for my son when he was about 6 too

LOOPYLISA
14-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I left a card for dd on the doorstep this morning, have done for years :thumbsup: although didnt really need to , she went out on a "date" today got a card and teddy and chocs bless her :D young love !!1:D

sarah707
15-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Awww bless her! I'm glad she had a lovely birthday! :D