PDA

View Full Version : Can you spot the kids who are trouble?

Ripeberry
14-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Not talking about minding them. Every weekend my daughter's friend has his cousin over (7yrs old) and they play outside Saturday and Sunday in all weathers from 10am until 6pm.
The mum only lets them in for lunch and tea. Today has been quite cold so like a fool I said that they could come in for a bit.
My daughter's friend is no trouble at all and is always good, but the cousin was a little :censored: and ran around the house, putting things in his pockets, looking through our cupboards.
He was only in for 10 mins and I told them to go in the garden, so for half-and hour they seemed to be OK.
Then I checked on them, they were in the chicken run, chasing the hens and the roof of the coop was open.
Lucky for them, no hens escaped, but I just told them to go!
Now I know why the mum NEVER lets 'him' in the house, even though she has to babysit him for two days in a row :(
I'm never ever letting him in again. Normal kids just don't do that kind of thing when they first visit someone's house....do they? :eek:

sarah707
14-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Poor you! I've met a couple of children like that over the years.

They seem to blur the boundaries between inquisitive and plain rude! :(

I hope your house has recovered :D

Mouse
14-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Don't they exhaust you when they're like that?

My children have had a couple of friends like that over the years & I've dreaded them coming round. It's like a tornado rips through your house & you're left feeling 'what was that :eek: '

I would be absolutely horrified if I thought any of my kids behaved like that at someone else's house!

Ripeberry
14-02-2010, 08:32 PM
The house has recovered and my daughter managed to get her stuff back. I was quite angry later as it turned out that he had bullied my daughter into going into the chicken pen by saying that if she did not do it, then he would tell his mum that she was mean to him :mad:
Spoilt brat comes to mind.
Thank goodness he does not live round here and only visits at weekends :)