PDA

View Full Version : planning permission - esp. monmouthshire

jojane
12-02-2010, 04:30 PM
my council (monmouthshire) wasnted £165 for a certificate stating i didnt need planning permission.
i wrote to my MP and my member of welsh assembly and have had letters back saying that childminders dont need these certificates and its not compulsory as childminders dont need planning permission - just that if a neighbour complains it gives me more offical standing.

it pays to complain and not let councils walk all over you.

Polly2
12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Hiya!! I am in Monmouthshire too :thumbsup: our county council is rubbish isn't it.

I live near Abergavenny :waving:

jojane
12-02-2010, 05:08 PM
hi
i'm in caerwent which is between caldicot and chepstow

if i lived a couple of miles down the road and came under newport council i would get loads chucked at me coz they are considered a poor area whereas monmouthshire is considered rich so doenst get any funding :-(

tulip0803
13-02-2010, 07:11 PM
I am in Carmarthenshire. I had to fill in a form and send to the council and then got a letter back - didn't cost me anything. BUT for 3 years our lovely council would only allow you to care for the number of children that would make the occupants of the house up to 6. So as a family of 5 I could mind one child:(:mad: . I had to delay reregistration after moving until they changed it.

manjay
13-02-2010, 07:14 PM
I am in Flintshire and my planning experience was pretty simple. I completed a form and they sent back confirmation that I didn't need planning permission which was enough for my CSSIW file:rolleyes:

aly
13-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I am in Flintshire and my planning experience was pretty simple. I completed a form and they sent back confirmation that I didn't need planning permission which was enough for my CSSIW file:rolleyes:

Same here for caerphilly...:thumbsup:

glad you got yours sorted, theywanted money for everythign ehre dont they!

Polly2
14-02-2010, 12:13 AM
hi
i'm in caerwent which is between caldicot and chepstow

if i lived a couple of miles down the road and came under newport council i would get loads chucked at me coz they are considered a poor area whereas monmouthshire is considered rich so doenst get any funding :-(

Yep same here. Torfean is next to me and there is loads of support there.

By the way who did you write to? A few of the cms round here want me to write to a local mp to try to push for network funding. I would be interested to know who you spoke to as it might help the cause :D

jojane
14-02-2010, 12:49 AM
go to www.writetothem.com, you put in your postcode and it tells you who your MP, welsh assembly member and local councillor is, you can send them an email.

manjay
14-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Yep same here. Torfean is next to me and there is loads of support there.

By the way who did you write to? A few of the cms round here want me to write to a local mp to try to push for network funding. I would be interested to know who you spoke to as it might help the cause :D

Wow! a crusading Polly2:thumbsup: I would definitely go for it. The benefits I get from belonging to a network should be available in every county.

Polly2
14-02-2010, 02:55 PM
:laughing: :laughing: trouble is I am too busy writing assignments to crusade!!