PDA

View Full Version : Using a hoover!

fridaysoff
12-02-2010, 09:50 AM
I have a little girl (28mthsmths) who spilt lots of play rice on the floor. We decided to get the hoover out and she really enjoyed clearing it up. She is very reserved and usualy decides not to use any noisy electrical stuff like food mixer etc. After watching some children, she had a go and had a very secret little smile on her face and was very thorough getting rice up. So where does it fit?

I know its ICT and its CLL large shoulder movements in handwriting (in EYFS grids planning and resourcing says about large arm movements, batting balls and swirling ribbons - so can I match that? 30-50mths) I think it is, PD: using equipment, but where would you put it in PSE- any ideas anyone?

(sorry for boring post:rolleyes: )

huggableshelly
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
I've not got the EYFS infront of me but summin in there about taking pleasure in performing/completing tasks

huggableshelly
12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Dispositions and Attitudes
Seek and delight in new experiences

and possibly

Self-confidence and self-esteem
Take pleasure in gaining more complex skills

sweets
12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
my 4 year old loves hoovering! on friday afternoon his treat is to get henry the hoover out and do the lounge and dining room. he does a good job too and moves all the chairs :blush: :laughing:

Maguiresmonkeys
12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
my 4 year old loves hoovering! on friday afternoon his treat is to get henry the hoover out and do the lounge and dining room. he does a good job too and moves all the chairs :blush: :laughing:

Can i borrow him??!! :laughing:

sweets
12-02-2010, 12:51 PM

thought that i'd add that his mum knows that he does it and thinks its great! her husband doesnt do any housework around the house and she doesnt want her son growing up the same.:D

fridaysoff
13-02-2010, 02:14 PM
:laughing: thanks guys - the kids did love the hoovering! especialy the boy whose parents typicaly raised their eyebrows at my mention of him enjoying the hoover - honestly - a life skill I think! (same ones that don't beleive in tv for children:rolleyes: )

thank you for replying with some help:thumbsup:

The Juggler
13-02-2010, 03:00 PM
might have been psrn. she might have been puzzling the whole time over where it was going fascinated and then worked out how to get ever last piece by holding it in the right place/way.