PDA

View Full Version : Parents Argh

Daisy1956
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
I jusy want to have a moan. having spent over two hours cleaning my carpet at weekend,well you don't need to ask do you, a parent walked right through with muddy shoes. When I pointed it out ,she said oh dear and on the way out wipped her feet on my mat so as not to get mud all over her car mats.:angry:

little chickee
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM
I literally stand at my door through to the hallway and do not let anyone in until they remove their shoes. I just ask them to please take off their shoes to protect my carpet - if they dont remove shoes they dont get in!!

This includes my CC officer and my dad who really would prefer to keep on his shoes!! He has actually finally got the message and now arrives with his slippers to change into!

tashaleee
11-02-2010, 06:18 PM
I dont let mine any further than my entrance hall - even so I have parents who think nothing of taking their 2 year old out of car and putting them straight on the mud (another step and they could get them on the path) If I comment... they go oh yeah... and do nothing about it the next time they come either...:angry:

Anyone coming in any further is told shoes off - and that includes prospective parents and possible mindees :D

jojane
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
i', so glad i have laminate floor and a brown rug!!!! only carpet in our house is the stairs everywhere else is laminate or tile. even the bedrooms, they have big rugs though.

Curly Quavers
12-02-2010, 04:56 PM
i', so glad i have laminate floor and a brown rug!!!! only carpet in our house is the stairs everywhere else is laminate or tile. even the bedrooms, they have big rugs though.

We put laminate down in our living room at Christmas and I am now more anal about shoes on than ever before I hate seeing the smallest Mark becuase I am then out with the flash and kitchen roll like some crazy mad woman! :blush: :blush: I can't help it

Daftbat
12-02-2010, 08:53 PM
My customers come through the back dooe in to the kitchen so shoes are not a worry to me - that and the big dog in this weather its a losing battle anyway!!!!