PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

Johanna
10-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone!!

Having my pre reg visit on Monday 15th. I have a family that's already interested and last night she call to find out if I will get a reference number when Ofsted comes on Monday for her to give to Working tax credits. Something like that. I know that we only get our Certificates after all our crb checks ect are complete and told her I don't think so.

Another Childminder told her that she was given a reference number after her pre reg inspection and that turn out to be her registartion number.

Can anyone please clarify to me what happen after the visit if Ofsted is happy.

Many Thanks :)

Johanna

Minstrel
10-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I had my reference number (ofsted number) before I reg'd so your friend is right.

However - you shouldn't be giving it out yet. You will not be reg'd and so by giving it out you are implying you are which is illegal.

Tax credits will not let her do a change in circumstances yet anyway until the first day of the change (ie first day of minding)

The next step is your CRB (and husbands ) will be done. This is usually the longest step and averages about 4 -6 weeks.

good luck xxx

Gizmo
10-02-2010, 01:21 PM
I also wouldnt give out my reg number before contracts are signed as some people do claim tax credits fraudulently saying they are using a cm when they arent :panic:

Johanna
10-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the advice.:)
I will then just tell mum I won't get any reference number until I recieved my Certificate. No need to explain futher then.

They waited for about two months already maybe they be happy to wait bit longer, I hope.

I'm so freak out about the inspection. Got so many things to do still.

1984chelle
10-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah I agree, its also better to be safe than sorry as you both could end up in a lot of trouble. x

TheBTeam
10-02-2010, 08:07 PM
You are only registered and able to work when you have your certificate in your hand for you to display.