PDA

View Full Version : on the subject of holidays

edayhouse
09-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I try to give as much notice as possible when i am going to be on holiday - i dont charge parents when i am on holiday - feeling slightly guilty as i am hoping to book a fairly last minute holiday with my sister at the end of March time ( i will give familes at least 4 weeks notice) (hubbie taking time off work to look after our two boys!) but dont want to say anything to them yet in case it doesnt come off....

another thing is that i charge parents full fees when they are on holiday and always ask if they can give me notice too but no...they turn up on the Friday and say x wont be here next week as we are going on holiday - it is a bit of a pet gripe for me as it doesnt help plan things to do etc i think that they feel like well we are paying her anyway so..wont bother giving any notice.

just wanted to share! he he
x

Merry-Minder
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Perhaps I wouldnt feel so guilty about my 4 weeks notice then.

It bugs me how us cms always stress about how we will make lives slightly more tricky but they dont give it a second thought!!:angry:

miffy
09-02-2010, 05:47 PM
My contracts say two weeks notice for holiday although I try and give more but often parents hold on for me to say I'm on holiday so they don't have to pay (especially around Christmas time :rolleyes: )

Hope you get your break in March and as long as you give the parents whatever notice you agreed in your contracts I wouldn't worry too much

Miffy xx