PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand question 2 ? Please help me someone

Katherine
08-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi can anyone help me I don't understand question 2? Plus I don't understand all this planning, I have a monthly planner, do you have to do 6 things every day in relation to the 6 areas of learning? the SEF is sooo hard I have ofsted coming in 2 weeks!

Daftbat
08-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Do you mean the wuestion about how you know what the views of the children parents and carers?

If so perhaps you can think about the ways that the children show their happiness. Do they do art work which they give to you? Perhaps they show their affection in cuddles and greeting you warmly. Do parents give you thank you notes/cards, birthday presents, xmas presents etc. Perhaps you know from the conversations you have - the fact that they have recommended you to someone or praised some aspect of your working.

With regard to planning- no you don't have to cover everything every day. You probably do anyway in some ways but what you need to show the inspector is that you know the children you are working with, that you have the right tools for the job in respect of aiding their development and that you provide a varied and stimulating atmosphere for the children. If you do monthly planning then an individual plan for each child within EYFS will show that you understand their individual needs and you can incorporate this into the general planing to make sure that they remain interested and enjoy their time with you. Make sure that planning is flexible enough to be changed - child led and that you don't OVERPLAN - a few ideas which can be built upon and go off at tangents are great.

Don't know if i have helped but good luck anyway - I am sure you will be fine.

Katherine
16-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi thanks, I actually meant section B sorry just stuck on The extent to which children develop skills for the future and invivdual planning? How do you do individual planning? Thanks for your help

Chatterbox Childcare
16-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi thanks, I actually meant section B sorry just stuck on The extent to which children develop skills for the future and invivdual planning? How do you do individual planning? Thanks for your help

When I did my sef I didn't use the form, just answered the questions in the guidance notes and fitted them in

Winnie
16-02-2010, 02:14 PM
indivual planning is all about seeing little johnny do something -such as pull himself up for the first time or make marks in the corner of his drawing-like writing his name, so how do you plan for his learning and development from here? you might be writing an ob and including next steps or just noting it down in your weekly planner and thinking how you are going to extend his learning in the coming weeks. It doesnt have to be written, ofsted just want to know you are thinking about each indivual child and how you help them move on.