PDA

View Full Version : SATURDAY CARE??!!

lollismum
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone has any mindees on a saturday??:panic:

i have a lady coming to see me tomorrow about care for her 2 children (aged 6 and 8) on saturdays 10-4.
what do you charge? your normal hourly rate or slightly higher??:eek:
i dont have any mindees at the moment........... but have got 2 children due to start in the middle of april ........ although not signed a contract yet!!:(

any advice???
thanks karlie:thumbsup:

berkschick
12-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I think it depends on how willing you are to work the Saturday yourself!

I would charge a slightly higher rate than normal though if I were to mind at the weekend.

angeldelight
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I do not do this now

But I did to it for over a year

It takes a lot of your free time if you are working every day during the week

You have to make sure you do not neglect your own family

But I enjoyed it for a time start

I charged £2 an hour more than my normal weekly hourly fee

Good luck hope you get the job

Angel xx

Blaze
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I charge time & 1/2 now for unsociable hours.
Tasha:)

Twinkles
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone has any mindees on a saturday??:panic:

i have a lady coming to see me tomorrow about care for her 2 children (aged 6 and 8) on saturdays 10-4.
what do you charge? your normal hourly rate or slightly higher??:eek:
i dont have any mindees at the moment........... but have got 2 children due to start in the middle of april ........ although not signed a contract yet!!:(

any advice???
thanks karlie:thumbsup:

Na ah, no, non, nein, het, geen,

lollismum
12-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks ladies for your replies!!:laughing:

because i haven't got any mindees at the moment i dont mind working at weekends.......... i just want to get started!!!!:rolleyes:
also the 2 children that are ment to be starting in april are only for 3 days so if i do get both contracts i will only be working 4 days.

will keep you posted!!:p

Karlie.:thumbsup:

jo hawkins
12-03-2008, 11:03 PM
i charge time n half for saturdays n double time for sundays

wendywu
13-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Sundays Jo! do you take them on holiday with you as well.:laughing:

emler
13-03-2008, 07:21 AM
I don't do weekends at all - Mon - Fri is enough for me lol

Emler x

oakie dokie
13-03-2008, 07:35 AM
monday to friday only for me too.

hazelx

crazybones
13-03-2008, 07:35 AM
No thanks to Saturdays. Weekend is for me and my family. I am already unhappy I have to work Good Friday this year just for the afternoon. But all of them are taking hols the week after Easter. :clapping:

Annie x

jo hawkins
13-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Sundays Jo! do you take them on holiday with you as well.:laughing:

lol no i dont but some of my parents work shifts. Hubby at work so i might aswell earn money lol

sarah707
13-03-2008, 07:51 AM
My weekends are for my family... and me! I work hard enough during the week... but then I suppose we're supposed to be flexible, so never say never! :D

ajs
13-03-2008, 08:27 AM
i used to look after a little girl who's mum had a restaurant on a very posh estate
they had art galleries and crafty type shops there too and mum would be working 9 in the morning until 10 ,11 at night 7 days a week, so i would have c whenever she had noone else to have her (dad was the chef there so he worked the same long hours) but she used to just fit in with me so if my kids were going shopping or cinema c would come too, she was just part of the family.

they only lasted 8 months there as the hours killed them and the fact that i was seeing c more than they were eventually got to them.

it can be hard but it's up to you if it suits you go for it

Splish Splosh
13-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I dont work saturdays either,but good luck with it.

Tatia
13-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I have 2 that I look after every third Saturday from 8-4. They're brother and sister and get a family discount but I charge £2.50 more an hour for Saturdays. Not sure how I came to that figure, really, just sort of rounded up. It helps that they're really great kids and so easy to look after. They just blend in to the family.

I wuoldn't want to work every Saturday, though.

avril
13-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Weekends are for my family I have never in my life worked a weekend in any job I've had so why start now!! :laughing:

Avril x

Heaven Scent
13-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Gosh reading this I see what a soft twit I have been I work Fri and sat evening and I charge 3.50 before 6.00 and 4.00 after 6.00 on both days but I do I have the child from 4.30 - 10.00 both days and they pay me £40.00 per week but they do bring me a chinese take away both nights which can consist of a starter meal and rice or a meal and rice or chips and sausages for the kids and chips and rice so it all works out ok and when I buy a take away from them they give me a discount and sometimes throw in an extra dish or treat for the kids. So all is fair in love and war I suppose. I also recommend all my friends to go there for take away.

My husband works shifts and abroad so isn't around lots of Saturdays and as they were the first people to make enquiries when I started up I had no choice but to take them on since I'd given up a good job and needed the money. The child is no bother either sleeps for hours and is as good as gold when he wakes up just as well cause I'm usually nackered by then.

Good luck with you decision.

Celine

lollismum
13-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Hi every one
its me again!!:p

had my visit today regarding saturday care...............
well she wants every saturday:panic: 9.30-4.30 :rolleyes:
told her my charge is slightly higher with it being saturdays
she didnt seem to mind???
she didnt stay long only here for about 15 mins??........... but she didnt have the children with her,
just before she left she did ask if she could bring the children round to meet me?? so i'll have to wait and see!!! she has my number.

i also had another enquiry today but not sure if its worth my while doing??
its for;- monday 15 month old 7.15am-10.00am
4 year old 7.15am- 9.00am (school drop off)
and friday 15 month old 11.30am-6.00pm
4 year old 3.00pm-6.00pm (school pick up)

would anyone else work those hours??
or should i just take what i can, because i still havent got any mindees yet??

i've got till tuesday to think about it, thats when she's coming to see me!!

thanks ladies for all your comments and advice:laughing: :D
karlie. xx :thumbsup:

Tatia
14-03-2008, 07:36 AM
I know everyone works differently (the beauty of beng self-employed) but if I turned my nose up at part-time, I'd not have any work at all. Work is scarce in my area and I'm lucky enough to be just about full but none of my kids are full-time. It's all piecemeal work that I've fitted together like a jogsaw puzle!:D

lollismum
17-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi every one!!
just thought i'd keep you posted on my progress..............
well the lady got back to me about saturday care
she does want me to mind her children:laughing:
my hours will be 9.30am-3.30pm (and i am charging more!)
starting 5th april:jump for joy:

Also going to sign contract this weekend for 2 children 3 days a week
starting 9th april:D

so things are looking up!!............... and ive got a lady coming to see me tomorrow!! (but dont think i'm going to be able to help as she wants me to pick up from a different school on a friday?)
will let you know!!;)

thanks for all your help and advice

karlie. xx :thumbsup:

miffy
18-03-2008, 07:12 AM
That's great news Karlie - well done

You'll be full before you know it

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
18-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Brilliant it all worked out well in the end.

Celine

ma7ie
18-03-2008, 09:12 AM
My weekends are for my family... and me! I work hard enough during the week... but then I suppose we're supposed to be flexible, so never say never! :D

Never Never Never Never Never!!!

Glad things are looking up for you Karlie :D

Banana
18-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I do work saturdays if required - dont have anyone contracted for a sxaturday though but used to. I charge £5 an hour for a saturday

x

HilaryT
18-03-2008, 02:35 PM
All my 24 children are part-time - nobody around our area wants full-time care (they tend to prefer nursery institutions for that!).

So I take anyone for any hours as long as I don't go over my numbers. I have a very complicated timetable to ensure nobody overlaps, but it works for me. I also do some Saturdays as well - the children just fit in with what we are doing.

It depends on how keen you to have immediate income - but remember the old saying - a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!!

Hope it all works out ok for you
Hilary

DCS
18-03-2008, 09:32 PM
any work I undertake out side of m-f 8am-6pm STARTS at £8 p/h to £11p/h
its the simple economics of supply ad demand ladies!